Old 09-02-2013, 03:16 PM
Banned

Nobody cares Krillin.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:35 PM
Planar Protector

Bump.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:42 AM
Orc

As someone who played with top 10 teams in GW(Te before setting co-founding my own EU focused guild [Wi] with Nox, as well as guesting for iB/EW etc) i'm a bit biased i guess(plus i ended up being a PvP content/balance tester for them for 3.5 years, long story) ;p But GW1 for me is the most pure player skill driven game around. Why? because everyone had the same equipment/items/skills available to them and it was pure player skill and teamwork which won you games, not what phat lewt you had that is what made it the best in my eyes.
I did have one of our commented matches uploaded on gamerstube but they changed the site and screwed it somehow so need to reupload it. It was a commented vid done by the GWVersus site of my guilds 2-0 victory in the Season 2 playoffs over the reigning world champions The Last Pride[EvIL] who were the best guild ever hands down to play GW, a Korean team of course ;p
What is little know is that in scrim practice prior to that game vs the 2nd best Korean guild War Machine[WM] we Flawlessed them(zero deaths for our team) using a modified Bunny Thumper build(running an Assassin in place of a mes/nec) specifically for the match vs EvIL on this map, so we were just on fire that day. http://www.zenadsl5706.zen.co.uk/gw0...20Flawless.jpg

DAoC was a different beast and for server wide realm wars it is still unbeaten to this day imo, our DAoC community is still alive and active 12 years on and once enemies on the battle field are now friends.

Edit: Uploaded the vid, fairly low res as it was from like 06/07 http://youtu.be/dKa3l-V0LgE . I mained Monk but on this map i played Mes/Ele, i'm the 5th one down the list of players on the left side of the screen.
Last edited by Intrinsic; 09-09-2013 at 05:06 AM..
Old 09-09-2013, 04:14 AM
Planar Protector

Awesome to hear from you! Hope to see you playing GW1 again (PM me?)

"GW1 for me is the most pure player skill driven game around." - Absolutely. It's my goal to get more people out there to understand this and experience it. Guild Wars 1 is an extremely important game, especially for the MMO genre.

Do you play the classic Emu DAoC, btw? I was thinking about trying it. I played the game back in the day, but never at a serious high level because I was too focused on other games. I'd like to see what I can get out of it and broaden my depth of knowledge with regards to the game, because I do know it was an important precursor to Guild Wars 1.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:41 PM
Orc

As much as i still love GW1 and always will i just don't have the time for much anymore, a few hours a nights is what i get and that goes into EQ atm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I did play Uthgard yeah with out DAoC server community, had a 50 Bard and many alts. And yep many of the GW devs played DAoC which is what they hoped to achieve with GW2's WvW but on a larger scale.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:55 PM
Aviak

GW1 was amazing! It was my first PVP experience and I've been a pvp nerd ever since! (mostly GW1, WoW, SWTOR, Tera) Wish I could remember my info *shrug* I quit just before the first expansion came out so I'm sure I'm wayyyy too far behind now. Either way, good luck in the tourney whoever is joining. 2k$ is something to brag about for sure!
Closed Thread