Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2019, 12:26 PM
Aviak

Default No blue line in the XP bar

I'm currently not seeing a blue line in the XP meter for a partially filled bubble (picture attached). This was fine until today, so maybe happened with the newest patch?
Attached Images
File Type: png XP bar.PNG (1.7 KB, 335 views)
Old 10-21-2019, 04:59 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Wenai

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbsmitz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm currently not seeing a blue line in the XP meter for a partially filled bubble (picture attached). This was fine until today, so maybe happened with the newest patch?
Blue Exp bar was introduced much later in the timeline and it was removed on green on purpose. Maybe someone can dig up an exact date for the blue bar.
Old 10-21-2019, 05:59 PM
Planar Protector

YOU DON'T LIKE SQUINTING, BOY?
Old 10-21-2019, 07:59 PM
Kobold

Are you sure the blue bar was added much later ? I played in beta and launch for live and I remember telling my friends im like 1 yellow and 3 blue from level all the time. I barely played in Kunark / Velious era back then. I dont even think my main was higher than 35
Old 10-21-2019, 08:27 PM
Developer

Here is a quote from January 2001 referencing blue bubbles.

Quote:
01-29-2001, 06:03 PM
Working on PLing a friend of my partner, friend has 50s on another server but they want to group on BB.

_Great, ungodly exp can be found in the back corridors of Permafrost. Go to the Archaelogist's area, pull in ice goblins from the surrounding spawns. A pair of 12ths were making 2 blue bubbles a kill off them.
https://thedruidsgrove.org/archive/eq/t-608-p-2.html
Old 10-21-2019, 08:34 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Wenai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here is a quote from January 2001 referencing blue bubbles.

https://thedruidsgrove.org/archive/eq/t-608-p-2.html
I seem to remember it being during Velious, before Luclin. But unfortunately that was like 20 years ago, and I can't find patch notes of an exact date.
Old 10-21-2019, 08:40 PM
Developer

This is dated 2001, but says "recently added". This is also an interesting study on EQ.

Quote:
A completely transparent experience points system would be a fixed ratio schedule because you have a very
good grasp of how many more solo kills it takes to gain a level. Thus, if EverQuest exposed the underlying numerical
experience points and told you how many points a mob gave you, and how much more experience you need to gain a
level, it would be less effective as a reinforcement schedule. A system that can most effectively hint at progress without
sacrificing this opacity maximizes the random ratio schedule, and this is why the recently implemented blue macroview line in the experience bar enhances the schedule already in place. This is particularly true for mid-level players
who would get frustrated by the normal experience bar that moved too slowly, and thus made them feel that progress
was not being made.
http://www.nickyee.com/report.pdf
Old 10-21-2019, 08:43 PM
Fire Giant

I'd just add it in Kunark. I started playing in early Velious and I know it was there for that!
Old 10-21-2019, 09:13 PM
Former Guide

12/17/00 mentions a few weeks ago was added. Me thinks we're missing a patch message
Old 10-21-2019, 09:19 PM
Orc

This might be an issue with your client because I AM currently seeing the blue xp line
Closed Thread