Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-17-2010, 03:02 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Can enter game, but nothing works correctly

I just installed the game and made all of the changes I was supposed to, or so I thought. I can create a character and enter the world. But once I enter I can see the ooc/auction chat I missed while loading, but no new chat goes through. I try to attack an npc and nothing happens, but notice I still leave corpses. If I try and mem a spell my inventory and spell book no longer works. I can't hail any npcs and get no responses in ooc. My UI looks like its way too advanced for classic eq so I'm guessing thats where the problem is. I have a compass an eq button a guild managment window etc. I try to /loadskin default 1 but I get an error message. Even if I try to load the UI through the options menu the same problem happens. Any thoughts/ideas? Thanks
Old 05-17-2010, 03:25 PM
Sarnak

Did you download the two zip files it says to in the Setup Guide? One went in the ui folder and I have nothing about guild management on my client.

From the Guide:
Then download the following file and extract into your Everquest folder, overwriting any files if it prompts you to:
Http://www.project1999.org/files/eqchanges.zip

Navigate to the uifiles/default folder within your Everquest Directory and copy the files from the following zip into it:
Http://www.project1999.org/files/uichanges.zip

It's the second one I'm curious about.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:45 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I did both...but where it says copy the second ones I wasnt sure how to copy them...so I just dragged them manually from folder to folder...they still show up in the folder after dragged...maybe thats the issue?
Old 05-17-2010, 03:57 PM
Decaying Skeleton

It also states that I have 25 of 25 expansions enabled at server select...and it takes a few attempts to get past server select and character select...sometimes the characters I created dont show up at character select also...there are files for the guild managment window in my uifiles default folder too which I assume would be canceled out by the items copied over from the project 1999 setup guide