Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 12:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes! We will unleash the inferno! Let's do it!
What about adding one or two enchanters?

lvl 37 Troll Shaman OF JUSTICE
Old 08-20-2013, 12:35 PM
Planar Protector

No, ALL Wizards!!! The whole point is to kill things with one spell.

Besides, it's not like we can't get Clarity from a friendly passerby.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:46 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

just saying that won't get past past level 5-10 ish unless you have some seriously dedicated people to the idea. With an Enchanter you get the same concept but its actually fun.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:

Oh I was thinking aoe group to open up some leveling options. I know you want all wizards, but it would be nice to take advantage of wiz aoe. What about an erudite chanter and cleric?

Old 08-20-2013, 12:56 PM
Sarnak

I think your idea is cool Zuran. I just think it would be cooler to make it more robust yet have the same theme. Kinda like all rogues group... add one shaman and it becomes infinitely more effective.

Old 08-20-2013, 01:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borador [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
just saying that won't get past past level 5-10 ish unless you have some seriously dedicated people to the idea. With an Enchanter you get the same concept but its actually fun.
This makes no sense whatsoever. How is it the same concept with an Enchanter? The whole idea is to one-shot things. It should actually be rather easy to get to Level 52 like this and Level 55 is reasonable as well. Root is all you need for a lot of camps. Each Wizard just roots a different target and then you spike them down one at a time. Easy.

If people are really so boring that they can't even handle roleplaying a simple, fun challenge like this (because of it being "too slow"), then I'll just log on my Enchanter and give all the other Wizards C2.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:15 PM
Sarnak

If you want a bard for this is be down
Old 08-20-2013, 01:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bantam 1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think your idea is cool Zuran. I just think it would be cooler to make it more robust yet have the same theme. Kinda like all rogues group... add one shaman and it becomes infinitely more effective.
Well you obviously can't do an all Warrior or all Rogue (and probably not all Monk) group in this game. The downtime for health regen is simply too slow.

Casters are a completely different story. Wizard specifically should be really fun as a 6-pack, because it lets you do something special in this game that you wouldn't be able to do with any other group setup.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borador [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you actually want to do this to seriously level, you should go 5 wizards one enchanter or bard.
I get what the OP is after with the 6 wizards. It's a seriously cool idea.

I did see something like this already though wayyyyyy back in the day on Morrel Thule server. One Erudite male Enchanter with 5 friends playing fem Wizards of different races (DE x2, Eru, HE, Human). Pimp dealin' out crack to the Hoes.

People seeing them at Lake of Ill Omen thought they wouldn't go the distance, but yeah. They all hit max level for Velious when it launched.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:24 PM
Kobold

Quote:
I think it would probably be best if we are all good-aligned Erudites. Keep it thematic! People should just play whatever race/alignment they want, though. Getting 6 people who can play at the same times is the most important thing. I'm sure we'll actually need more than 6 people participating overall, so that we can always try to have 6 logged on to group with when we want to.

I'd like to start over in the Qeynos area since it's so underused, but that could also be changed if people aren't wanting to.
I don't really have any desire to be an Erudite. I was looking to be a Dark Elf, ideally, but I would definitely settle for Gnome.

I think 6 Gnomes Wizards would be pretty freaking hilarious. I also agree with the matching last names.

OP, what timezone are you in? I'd totally be down to get in on this and would be happy to stream our adventures.

As someone above me previously stated, having one bard/chanter would be probably in the group's best interest, but I think it would be more fun to have 6 wizards. How would we pull? Each Wizard rotate to pull and root so that everyone has turns medding/pulling.

This sounds like so much fun.

MAIN - Zynfandel Whitewine - Level 26, Iksar Necromancer
Remyx N'Sync - Level 30, Half Elf Bard
Resolve Carpetcleaner - Level 28, Barbarian Shaman
Zyzzyx- Level 13 Dark Elf Enchanter
Shoryu - Level 13 Gnome Wizard
Maokai - Level 6, Wood Elf Druid

I definitely don't have Altitis.
Closed Thread