Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 08-02-2015, 05:23 AM
Planar Protector

Default Big problems loading today, Velious related or July 24th patch related?

I had a ton of problems with the game today, it took me 15-20 attempts to be able to log in every time I tried; after trying to go the server select screen it would simply be blank with no servers to select. The game was also freezing rather frequently when trying to zone, so I would have to close it out and then go do the whole dance with spending a lot time trying to even get to the server select screen each time.

I had no problems with the game on Thursday or Friday, although strangely I had NOT yet even downloaded the July 24th patch (I just came back to the game on Thursday and had forgot to look and see if there was a new patch before trying to load the game). Usually it says "you have spell files missing" when you get to the character select screen if your game patch is outdated, but that didn't happen on Thursday or Friday even though I hadn't yet downloaded and extracted the patch. The "you have spell files missing" issue only started happening today (Saturday), at which point I went and downloaded and extracted the new patch. However, installing the patch didn't solve the log-in issue to the server select screen at all. I restarted my computer and everything as well.
Old 08-02-2015, 10:14 AM
Sarnak

welcome to my world ! in the middle of a trade and i zone and get booted and can no longer log in ! crazy because prior to this last zone i had been in game all thru the night grinding .
Old 08-02-2015, 10:41 AM
Aviak

gg my install
Old 08-02-2015, 12:39 PM
Banned

have u tried not wearing an advisor robe
Old 08-02-2015, 02:36 PM
Banned

maybe its because you are the shittiest player i've ever seen and you use a collar of undead protection and a blackened wand as a level 60 wizard
Old 08-02-2015, 02:49 PM
Large Bat

Default Unable to Play Anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had a ton of problems with the game today, it took me 15-20 attempts to be able to log in every time I tried; after trying to go the server select screen it would simply be blank with no servers to select. The game was also freezing rather frequently when trying to zone, so I would have to close it out and then go do the whole dance with spending a lot time trying to even get to the server select screen each time.

I had no problems with the game on Thursday or Friday, although strangely I had NOT yet even downloaded the July 24th patch (I just came back to the game on Thursday and had forgot to look and see if there was a new patch before trying to load the game). Usually it says "you have spell files missing" when you get to the character select screen if your game patch is outdated, but that didn't happen on Thursday or Friday even though I hadn't yet downloaded and extracted the patch. The "you have spell files missing" issue only started happening today (Saturday), at which point I went and downloaded and extracted the new patch. However, installing the patch didn't solve the log-in issue to the server select screen at all. I restarted my computer and everything as well.
Was playing last night all night in Velious, and now today, suddenly and for no reason on my end at all, the program absolutely refuses to let me log in. it says it timesout, theres no connection (which is absolutely not the case).
Old 08-02-2015, 02:54 PM
Large Bat

Wow not only does the game not work anymore pre Velious. this forum barely works.
Old 08-03-2015, 01:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susvain2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
maybe its because you are the shittiest player i've ever seen and you use a collar of undead protection and a blackened wand as a level 60 wizard
I doubt you've ever played a game that actually takes skill, certainly not at any real competitive level. Also, equipment has nothing to do with skill.
Old 08-03-2015, 06:35 PM
Aviak

IDC is Casey jokes with me, but he is an exception.