Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2018, 11:34 AM
Banned

Default Feign Death Mechanics in 2018

How does it work exactly?

Right now when someone FD's they have a chance at mem blur.

It seems if the mob resets the chance of mem blur is much higher.

I suspect level difference between mob and FDer matters as well. As in level 60 mobs are harder to blur than level 1 mobs.

I don't believe line of sight, distance or time feigned makes any difference in terms of a successful blur. I suspect as soon as they reset back to spawn or pathing points, you always have the same % of success.

Am I wrong about any of this.
Old 12-23-2018, 11:56 AM
Sarnak

It blurs 100% if they reset to their spawn point. Seems like at lvl 60, it's somewhere between 15%-30% chance to blur as they walk back.
Old 12-23-2018, 12:16 PM
Planar Protector

Get a monk to 40 and try it out on white + mobs (mobs around 35 or below just auto memblur on FD).

Also look into 'walk timers' and resetting them...

Carry around a mana battery and box to maximise your use of your ring if you are willing to sacrifice a bag slot.
Old 12-23-2018, 12:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyF86 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It blurs 100% if they reset to their spawn point. Seems like at lvl 60, it's somewhere between 15%-30% chance to blur as they walk back.
Not true. I've been doing a camp over a couple weeks and even when 5-6 high level mobs sit at their spawn points for minutes, they have a good chance of aggro when the person(whether its a monk/SK/necro/shaman) gets up.

And it's been like this for a while.

I remember months ago I FD on my necro and it was a success and I thought I was safe. I waited in fd for like 10 minutes then got up and AFK'd and a mob ran back at me and killed me.
Last edited by Teppler; 12-23-2018 at 12:38 PM..
Old 12-23-2018, 12:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Get a monk to 40 and try it out on white + mobs (mobs around 35 or below just auto memblur on FD).

Also look into 'walk timers' and resetting them...

Carry around a mana battery and box to maximise your use of your ring if you are willing to sacrifice a bag slot.
Me and my friends have been testing around over the past couple weeks. The monks aren't even really sure. As for a shammy FD, each charge costs me a couple hundred plat and a pain in the ass trip to plane of sky every 4 charges.

There's definitely a very noticeable difference in that they blur a lot more when they reset to spawn points or pathing. Not sure if I was ever clear about that. I'm wondering about everything else.
Last edited by Teppler; 12-23-2018 at 01:02 PM..
Old 12-23-2018, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

First successful FD is roughly a 35% chance to blur a mob above level 35+. Seems to increment up around 15% per FD so by third successful FD you have a 65% chance to blur. This is all for the Skill feign death not the spell mind you. Static mobs reset their hate list when they reach their spawn coordinates. Pathers retain theirs indefinitely unless blurred.

Spell FD seems to have a much smaller chance to blur as I tested a necromancers FD on a pather once and he never blurred even after 30+ casts. Eventually had to /q to clear the agro. This was two years ago and I'd be curious to see someone take a crack at it again.
Last edited by Pringles; 12-23-2018 at 01:59 PM..
Old 12-23-2018, 02:46 PM
Fire Giant

This is 2018. You don't rely on mem blur when feigning death. You rely on path timers.
Old 12-23-2018, 04:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not true. I've been doing a camp over a couple weeks and even when 5-6 high level mobs sit at their spawn points for minutes, they have a good chance of aggro when the person(whether its a monk/SK/necro/shaman) gets up.

And it's been like this for a while.

I remember months ago I FD on my necro and it was a success and I thought I was safe. I waited in fd for like 10 minutes then got up and AFK'd and a mob ran back at me and killed me.
You had aggro on a roamer then; Mobs at their spawn point reset aggro when FD.
Old 12-23-2018, 04:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyF86 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You had aggro on a roamer then; Mobs at their spawn point reset aggro when FD.
This is true.

You will absolutely memblur if the mobs reset.
Old 12-25-2018, 09:35 AM
Kobold

About FD and roamers - I’ve noticed that when the mob starts wandering away, it will return back to where it was when it originally aggoed you along it’s path. Then it will resume its original pathing. It should be safe to stand after that.

I have a question about the mem blur on multiple mobs - once the mem blur works, will it work on all the mobs at once or does each mob have to fail a “mem blur check”?
Closed Thread