Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2018, 12:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
haynar gettin dunked on all fronts yikes

lol this kid literally joined r99 and met me 4 years after i got banned, good talk weirdo ur trolling skills suck
Crying about stuff that happened 4 years ago is real cool and normal
Old 12-04-2018, 12:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Crying about stuff that happened 4 years ago is real cool and normal
hey buddy you're not powerful enough to tangle with the likes of tune. he's a big strong texty man and you just can't handle his noise. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-04-2018, 12:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This isn't RnF. Go back to your caves.
Old 12-04-2018, 12:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have had only positive interactions with you and I hesitated to write this because this is an emulated Everquest Server and not real life, so any comparison between the two is already somewhat ludicrous. However, I think Corporate America has shown us with the many scandals that have come to light, that often times simply reporting things to your superior is not an effective way to resolve corruption allegations at the highest levels, only when these charges are made public are the Boards forced to take action.

Again, one is elf sim one is real life but seems fair game considering you made the comparison.
What do you suggest then? Full transparency so that when someone gets banned the staff publicly show proof of why they got banned? Just like the police departments these days having to publicly release videos of proof that someone did something wrong that's why they were treated the way they were? If we as players are held accountable for our actions then shouldn't the staff be held accountable as well? I hope I do not get banned for this but I needed to break my silence. I am not being rude to the staff at all what so ever and this is with all due respect. If I am being rude in some way please tell me, it is definitely not intentional I promise you. I have always held the staff at the highest place in my mind dating all the way back to Uthgaard. Lately this is starting to slide down.

Guild Leader of <Asgard> The home of the gods!
Lightyear/Artah
Old 12-04-2018, 01:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifield [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought elfs were supposed to be jolly
Old 12-04-2018, 01:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol this kid literally joined r99 and met me 4 years after i got banned, good talk weirdo ur trolling skills suck
Looks like he’s doing ok

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 12-04-2018, 01:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have had only positive interactions with you and I hesitated to write this because this is an emulated Everquest Server and not real life, so any comparison between the two is already somewhat ludicrous. However, I think Corporate America has shown us with the many scandals that have come to light, that often times simply reporting things to your superior is not an effective way to resolve corruption allegations at the highest levels, only when these charges are made public are the Boards forced to take action.

Again, one is elf sim one is real life but seems fair game considering you made the comparison.
Excellent post. I think one key detail involving this server and other private server projects of other games is that EQ has a horrendous amount of time commitment between the players and their character accounts. On other server projects a player with a dispute will be encouraged to submit their situation and recorded proof to the proper server staff channels for it to be handled, the same as here.

On those server projects however, if a player doesn't feel that the results are fair they can always go public with what they have to the rest of the player base, and that is always hanging over the heads of the project staff. The player in question has little to lose, as their time investment might be seen as relatively trivial OR they have other options to play on a different emu of similar quality.

On this project the situation is much different. P1999 is the best show in town for what it offers, and people have dedicated years to their accounts. This gives the server staff far more leeway in determining what can be done with each case.
Old 12-04-2018, 01:55 PM
Planar Protector

Doesnt matter if youve spent 5 minutes or 5 years timeon the server. Do the crime serve the time.
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 12-04-2018, 02:30 PM
Aviak

I am just really really happy no ones opinion, including my own, matters even slightly...
Old 12-04-2018, 02:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Doesnt matter if youve spent 5 minutes or 5 years timeon the server. Do the crime serve the time.
Sounds like you've never been banned for something you know you didn't do or something that didn't seem ban worthy? Mistakes can happen, we know this to be 100% true. In fact the whole reason why this thread was created was because of a mistake. We are talking about members of entire guilds here losing out because they didn't have timers compared to the ones that got the upper hand. The magnitude of this single mistake is massive even if it was only for the spawn timer of emperor crush.

Guild Leader of <Asgard> The home of the gods!
Lightyear/Artah
Closed Thread