Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2020, 08:34 AM
Fire Giant

IF shaman dont have pet out, druid can try to use pumices from range and keep kittin the shaman, then he can start working out, slottin a dot and then tossin a rain when shaman stops to dispell. Also, rangeing all u can, 4.5 seconds DD after u dispelled his resist buffs may work, ebolt is a 6s cast so u can cast and kite not eating the ebolt.
As a shaman i found that ebolt works perfectly if u can land it, but posion rain aoe also destroyed people. Druids are cute tho
Old 11-22-2020, 10:31 AM
Planar Protector

Ya'll make ebolt sound very attractive, but it is a slow cast.
Old 11-24-2020, 10:51 PM
Planar Protector

These imaginary pvp battles are dope
Old 11-28-2020, 06:00 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
These imaginary pvp battles are dope

yeah except that everything i related there already happened in game. been there, done it.
Old 11-30-2020, 01:01 PM
Planar Protector

I think JayDee might have been serious.

Because I'm serious. I'm not in a good spot to play the game and I really appreciate the play by play of an imaginary PVP battle and I appreciate you sharing the pro tips, and even people's experience getting wasted is revealing.

Question: Does self disease cloud break enchanter mez?

Thanks.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-06-2021, 02:55 PM
Planar Protector

I'm bringing this back.

At level 50 it looks like both the cast times on these guys spells are kinda bad. But blizzard blast is faster than druid DD's and both classes dots are pretty slow.

Maybe I'm missing something. I think whoever does the opening attack is going to have a huge advantage and if shaman has a pet, the time it takes the druid to root or snare that pet or maybe charm it is going to be substantial and he will take another DD to the face or even a dot possibly.

Seems like a hard fight.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-06-2021, 04:00 PM
Planar Protector

I want to say shaman has that slight advantage but a suprise atking druid with evok specialized could literally kill the shaman faster than the shaman can heal (just out dpsing heals). If both just stand there and go for it all in. That's why when I played a druid I went in nuking hard even though it wasn't the right way to do things.

That leaves the druid either dying from dots or at like 15-25% hp and maybe pelling/curing/healing themselves with a remaining 10% mana?

If the shaman runs away. The druid will just also run away, cure, pell, heal, and med. The shaman has to keep pressure on the druid to win. If the shaman can cannidance and find the druid before the druid gets enough escape mana and the druid wont leave the zone its lights out for the druid.

This would play out really interesting in a large zone like oot were the druid can bind on a far away island and just keep coming back and dropping rains on the shaman, while the shaman is kinda stuck in one spot.

Wonder if theres a decent charmable animal in OOT?
Last edited by magnetaress; 01-06-2021 at 04:04 PM..
Old 01-06-2021, 04:10 PM
Planar Protector

I remember shamans being so high threat on live, but that was back when people didn't know about top slotting and stuff and well, they were strong.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-06-2021, 04:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember shamans being so high threat on live, but that was back when people didn't know about top slotting and stuff and well, they were strong.
I think if you are afraid of losing to a druid in pvp playing a shaman is a good bet.

I think if I wanted to kill shamans. I would play a necromancer or wizard or something. Maybe.

I think if I was afraid of losing to a shaman, I would play a cleric, or another shaman, or like maybe a wizard. Or pally. Or bard (just run away).

In vanilla, come velious all my feelings go out the window because I quit last time right when the box hit velious. And I had a 50+ druid on my accounts.
Last edited by magnetaress; 01-06-2021 at 04:17 PM..
Old 01-06-2021, 04:27 PM
Planar Protector

I just want to hear more shaman strats because I've got like 10 total hours play time on a shaman in all my EQ career. Even the spell symbols throw me off. Its a good feeling "whats this do!"

Poor shamans definitely have too many buffs though.
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread