Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2020, 06:40 PM
Fire Giant

Niels
Old 11-19-2020, 07:38 PM
Planar Protector

Ah, you weren't 34 at that time or were anonymous, but now I remember...

Niels! My precious child a grown halfing now! I remember the first time I laid eyes on you, September 21, 2020, a small halfling druid of the 11th season.

You were such an uppity young halfling. Shouting back at the shire "I'M GOING ON AN ADVENTURE!" as you left for the Karanas. I knew one day I would find myself in confederacy with such one halfling, or at least cross paths on various highways of adventure.

You grew in strength over the course of your journey, until one day you found a scroll on a gnoll. Your countryman, Rallospeck, was on a quest and it seemed good to you to help you fellow halfling and make some money doing it.

I believe it was mid-October, you told me, 'I have volume 2'

Intrigued by what kind of quest would possess a halfling to go to such lengths you opened the scroll and read for yourself...

'It's pretty grim if you actually read it,' you said. You continued, 'The gnolls are more eloquent than you'd think'

After our short, yet pleasant conversation, we met at the rings of Northern Karana and made our exchange

*Niels has offered you a Tanned Split Paw Skin*

I bowed in thanks. You smiled. We parted ways disappearing into separate portals.

The last I saw of my countryman Niels was opening and closing mystical portals around Norrath and selling a Chrysoberyl Talisman. Yet behold, our paths cross again. Hail, and well met! Thank you for helping me in my quest!
Last edited by Castle2.0; 11-19-2020 at 07:41 PM..
Old 11-19-2020, 07:41 PM
Fire Giant

Hah, I remember that now. Those gnoll scrolls are grim reading.

Quote:
Volume 2 - History of the Verishe Mal

Our forefathers gave us many tasks to better us. We learned the way of the sword, and the way of magiks. At each test we proved victorious, and for a time, quite prosperous. In time, we grew to be a large race, and created a ruthless empire that spanned many a mile. Our worth was broken down into a caste system, and many were made slaves.
Last edited by greatdane; 11-19-2020 at 07:48 PM..
Old 11-19-2020, 07:52 PM
Large Rat

Ohh, is this what started the server wide quest xp ban for one month?
If anyone wants to know the official word on this, the GM's have spoken in a previous thread about how its not how they want the game to be played.

But yeah hats off to the guy who tried to plan.
Old 11-19-2020, 08:01 PM
Large Rat

How was this supposed to work? Did you corpse hundreds of gnoll scrolls in Qeynos?
Old 11-19-2020, 08:36 PM
Banned

Canadian try hards
Old 11-19-2020, 08:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niels
Hah, I remember that now. Those gnoll scrolls are grim reading.
Ya, the lore is quite interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by normal
How was this supposed to work? Did you corpse hundreds of gnoll scrolls in Qeynos?
"1000 lights, 1000 scrolls... 1000 corpses, 1000 souls." That's the prophecy anyhow. But before performing the ritual to raise Azmaveth from the dead, the scrolls are being stored by an army of young necromancers. Nearly 700 in total, all in the Qeynos area. They hold the secrets of the prophecy for now until Edvard Tommels can piece them together for the final ritual. O the secrets to be revealed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard1
Canadian try hards
I was born and raised in the land of the free and home of the brave. I bleed red white and blue. But I do love my Canadian wife <3
Last edited by Castle2.0; 11-19-2020 at 09:00 PM..
Old 11-19-2020, 09:43 PM
Sarnak

Very welcome! (Woot, I'm on there twice)
Old 11-19-2020, 09:43 PM
Planar Protector

I always felt bad every time you sent me a tell that you were looking to buy scrolls when i was like "ok will let you know!" but was there for exp lol I just told you that enough that I made a hotkey /r ok will let you know thx for sow!

And I see that all that effort on my part and I still didn't make the list!
Old 11-19-2020, 10:32 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
damn Im seeing so many familiar names

how rich are you??
rich enough to buy 367+ scrolls apparently

also never knew you were rallospeck, you're a great dude always appreciated your buffs
Closed Thread