Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 09:09 PM
Planar Protector

If you're an iksar warrior yes, kurns is great

If you're not an iksar warrior, delete your current character and make an iksar one

and then yes, kurns is great
Old 11-23-2014, 10:13 PM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Kurn's Tower is only worth it if you are an Iksar or have some VERY helpful friends willing to spend a lot of time with you there.

It is the best place for XP at that level (I always started there around lvl 12 but I never twinked), but as a soft skin you have to work with no nearby vendors, an incredibly hostile and well-patrolled area surrounding the tower, and just an overall pain in the ass place to be. It's also viciously defended from discourteous power-levelers by a certain zealous CSR who won't be named here...

<3 all my little iksar broodlings and broodettes.
Old 11-23-2014, 10:23 PM
Fire Giant

Is this whole Kurns PL all day all night thing a new trend? Hopefully they are only pulling the furries as most people don't kill them unless grouped.

Also you can create a level 1 Iksar and drop transfer, you wont be able to bank copper/silver/gold unless you get a friend to create a level 1 Iksar as well.

I went to Kurns on my level 12 Enchanter when I just started on P99 and left at around 16 or so. I was also able to bank in Cabilis using bind sight =P
Last edited by Bboboo; 11-23-2014 at 10:25 PM..
Old 11-23-2014, 10:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallikus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ogre > iksar
ramblings of a delusional man
Old 11-24-2014, 01:58 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ramblings of a delusional man
I know right everyone knows Gnome master race.
Old 11-24-2014, 04:09 AM
Banned

On red I took my troll sham at level 9 from Innothule to Kurns to level with a couple friends. Was a great move, my buddy could vendor for me and buy spells. You'll run into issues training some very very necessary skills, like DW, but it's a great place and a lot of fun.
Old 11-24-2014, 07:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost182 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't knock the derv camp in WC, really close to vendors and high lvls who toss out buffs. Then head over to oasis around lvl 13+
What he says. Not worth the trip. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Plus kill Wisps in WC and get some much needed plat.
Old 11-24-2014, 07:07 AM
Planar Protector

Getting there is easy. Buy a few invis potions from NPC. Grab a few lev rings from a mage in Ecommons. Find Sow whilst there.

Head to oasis and catch barrel barge. Run/lev across the ocean to the fire pot room. Put your invis potions in your top level slots so you can recast invis quickly if it begins to fade.

Drink an invis pot. Click the iksar style torch. Run to the entrance to Kaesora Library. Find a shaman/necromancer that can bind (prolly one in kurns if you use /who all). Pay for bind. Enjoy Kurns.

This works best if you are a race/class that can sneak. It is pretty easy to get to the vendors outside of cabalis in field of bone. If you hit sneak behind them they turn indifferent and you can sell to them.

If you can't sneak it isn't too much of a problem. There is a lot of traffic and you can always find someone heading back to town to swap your loot for food/bandages/arrows for you.

Have fun!
Closed Thread