Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2018, 12:25 PM
Planar Protector

Agil = Slightly effects AC. Sub 75 is a penalty, not a problem for you as a DE.
Dex = Procs. Not sure if self-procs use it as a factor.
AC = mitigation from melee attacks
HP's = obvious
Stam = similar to hps
Str = attack

It kinda depends on what you want to do. If you are a classic grind group tank with a cleric then hps > all. If you are duoing melee mobs and not taking CH then AC is very handy. For reverse kiting AC is also nice in that those fear breaks will be less painful.
Str will speed up your kills a bit but not nearly as much as haste or a good weapon.

I'd stack AC and HPs whenever possible. Have enough str so you aren't always encumbered (hero bracer is a solid cheap add). If fashionquesting some Dark Forge and the cheap Blood Ember slots, hp rings, etc.

And if it's not already obvious for 200p a nerfed circlet of shadows is awesome. It works 25 levels before the BE Bracer and is a faster cast.
Old 07-02-2018, 12:38 PM
Planar Protector

Circlet of shadows also work 5 lvl earlier than your spell... Meaning you can already use it at 27 even through you do not get gather shadow before 30
Old 07-02-2018, 01:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Circlet of shadows also work 5 lvl earlier than your spell... Meaning you can already use it at 27 even through you do not get gather shadow before 30
It actually works lvl 20 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. Even better!
Old 07-02-2018, 01:32 PM
Banned

sweet, all i have to do is save 250,000 pp for a prenerf CoS

/s

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-02-2018, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by LulzSect© [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
sweet, all i have to do is save 250,000 pp for a prenerf CoS

/s

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Prenerf cos is great and a gamechanger, but the nerfed one is cheap and is a great clicky to get
Old 07-02-2018, 03:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiouxNation [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’ve been debating on what race to make for an SK. Troll or DE are my two options. Regen is great but I hate being fat.
Awww think outside the box! Roll Erudite!
Old 07-02-2018, 03:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeff100 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Awww think outside the box! Roll Erudite!
Or better, join the Bloodsabers! We even got a blood swimming pool!
Old 07-02-2018, 07:55 PM
Kobold

As far as Dex goes, I have parsed all kinds of weapons on my SK and I can tell you that DEX will also affect how often you land your melee hits. At 60, I'd say that max DEX gives me about 20 more DPS depending on weapon.
Old 07-03-2018, 03:07 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24kanthony [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As far as Dex goes, I have parsed all kinds of weapons on my SK and I can tell you that DEX will also affect how often you land your melee hits. At 60, I'd say that max DEX gives me about 20 more DPS depending on weapon.
Extremely skeptical about this. I have not seen anyone purport that DEX affects melee accuracy outside of PvP, and if it is true then there will need to be a serious reevaluation of stat priorities for people looking to maximize DPS.
Old 07-03-2018, 09:07 AM
Kobold

The easiest way for me to test was with my Great Spear of Dawn. The high delay and lower skill cap makes it easy to see how much the extra dex is affecting me. In that situation, it's obvious enough I can see it in the white damage without a parser.
Closed Thread