Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 01:18 PM
Fire Giant

Default Singing Short Sword

Will someone explain to me how it works and it's usefulness?

The wiki here says it acts as all instruments with a 1.8 modifier and that the proc gives haste, str, atk, and modifiers songs that are not influenced by any instrument. But zam doesn't mention the song modifier, and the comments on zam are hopelessly conflicting regarding how exactly the weapon works. Does it affect all songs? Any? Does that 80% on the proc also affect instrument songs? Etc.

Also, is it actually worth using the SSS and another weapon or shield on raid encounters, or do bards still just use 2.4 mod instruments? Seems to me, someone with no real end-game experience in EQ, that the SSS would be a great weapon for messing around in lower level zones or grinding xp, but not so hot for killing gods and dragons.
Old 02-12-2012, 01:43 PM
Planar Protector

to my best knowledge:

the 1.8 is the instrument modifier - so it will affect any song that can be affected by an instrument. The songs that are not effected by any instrument, cannot be affected by the SSS

I have no idea if the Proc affects songs though...

SSS is a great soloing/small group tool, since it removes the hassle of swapping instruments when twisting songs. However on high end raids, our bards were usually asked to get a REAL instrument and play some of their aoe resists.
Old 02-12-2012, 01:54 PM
Fire Giant

I saw a comment on zam that the song modifier was only on SOME songs... which would make sense if it works on any songs at all.

A 1.8 mod on every "singing" song would make an epiced bard almost as good at slowing as a sham, better at hasting than an ench, even more ridiculously better at some resists than they are already, etc., while also being able to melee for some laughs and have a great resist shield or whatnot equipped too.
Last edited by fischsemmel; 02-12-2012 at 01:58 PM..
Old 02-12-2012, 02:07 PM
Kobold

It works for every modifiable song. The big thing is that it works for singing songs too.

A few components like haste aren't ever modifiable by instruments, but the additional STR or Attack Power will be boosted.

It is one of the best epics, easilly.