Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you live in one of America's inner cities?
Yes, I live in a but I got inner city 41 18.55%
Yes, I live in a crime infested inner city 35 15.84%
Yes, I live in a burning crime infested inner city 33 14.93%
Bush burned the crime infested towers 153 69.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2018, 01:30 PM
Fire Giant

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love the animals I eat, and I try to help them have the best life they can, before they are added to my delicious life. I try to use that life to give life to all the things that are good on God's green earth. I try to love and respect her and I pay homage to her in everything I try to do. I don't see myself as really separate from those animals or the earth. We are one. And it matters what others feel and think. While I am alive, this is the only freedom I have to make of my life. Once I am gone, I will have nothing left of me, but that which I lived.
*fist bump*
Old 07-13-2018, 01:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raavak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
She said a bunch of really dumb things, and was embarrassing enough she was taken aside to be told what to say, how to dress, cut her hair, etc during the '92 campaign. They did a really good job, but she is a fast learner.
This is why a centralized consolidated authority is dangerous. We can all easily be lulled into a false sense of security if we just have one very "strong leader" or one very charismatic one with a lot of power and a lot of promises. We can't rely on any one person to fix our problems, or make our country great again. We all need to take an active participatory roll in it and share the burden. It is we the people that make our country what it is. It shouldn't be someone like "Hillary Clinton" that defines our country. It should be how we treat our neighbors. How we care for our sick and elderly parents. How we plan for the future, and guard against emergency and famine. What kind of courtesy do we give that ambulance on the road? Why do so many Americans not care?
Old 07-13-2018, 01:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoTriz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is very ironic, sarcastic, coming from the website Brietbart. I've been personally attacked and had death threats made against me there. I left that website because of the intolerance and hatred and dehumanization I experienced trying to bring reason and truth to some of their more fraudulent articles. The editors at Brietbart have shown me zero respect or any tolerance themselves. There is no hope in changing their minds. I can only warn you that it is a very dangerous echo chamber of opinions that are not strongly bound in fact or science.
Old 07-13-2018, 01:48 PM
Banned

gmmm lots more updates another copy edit
Last edited by clevergirl; 07-13-2018 at 01:56 PM..
Old 07-13-2018, 01:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoTriz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good thing we don't have that.

The President is the Executive branch and that's all.
The erosion of separation of powers has steadily increased since 2000. Even before 9/11 power has been consolidated in Federal government. Nothing happens without the all seeing approval of them. They can and will strip your rights at a moments notice once you become an enemy. Things like the Patriot act. Department of Homeland Security. Laws that require IDs at numerous checkpoints. People are losing their citizenship unless they have access to money and federal resources. In some cases abuses of power have stripped their rights and made them stateless. I know someone who with the help of some powerful politicians managed to escape to Sweden after the State Department decided to un-person them. It's happening. This person was very active in trying to stop the abuse of South American minorities who are being particularly targeted and unfairly scrutinized without legal recourse. They were a US Citizen who lived here their entire lives. Peacefully. And legally. Since childhood. They had no problems renewing their passports until this administration decided they didn't want them to travel freely anymore. If this can happen to someone with money and connections. This is happening to people who are poor and undesirable far too often. They were targeted because they ran for public office, and because they were effective at fundraising and protecting the rights of these minorities. And because they directly impeded and documented the unlawful actions of ICE.

Simply having a valid state drivers license, or state issued birth certificate are no longer sufficient for our freedom of movement. So it's OK for the federal government to trap people in their state of origin? Or to go into those states, and decide that their state ID or birth certificate is invalid and deport them? Remove their citizenship without a trial (simply because they refused to acknowledge it or issue them Federally accepted ID?)
Old 07-13-2018, 02:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
I know it's hard to believe since I'm a Trump supporter and I just linked one of their articles, but that is the first Breitbart article I have ever read.

I understand they're hyper partisan and I try to avoid those, but that particular article is really good and links directly to other sources and videos of violent acts.
Please take my word for it. It's not just extremists on the left hurting people in this country. I don't really wish to run around google digging up videos and evidence of the violence. It's there. Just because a few people who claim to be 'antifascists' riot on the left doesn't mean that a black woman didn't take a brick and smash the face in of a 90 year old tourist who was visiting his family legally.

There's a lot on both sides that needs to be addressed in a non-partisan way. We need to respect people when they are peacefully here, we don't need to harras our tourists, and our green card holders. Or our exchange students. Or people that don't speak our language. We don't need to attack people we don't know because we fear them. Or because they are "different".

I'm not saying America doesn't have a problem with immigration and borders, but what we are doing to fix it, Federally, and amongst the people who are fighting about it in the streets is not actually helping solve the problem. It's making it far worse for people who belong here, and who deserve our respect however.
Old 07-13-2018, 02:08 PM
Fire Giant

trumps a product of the virulent idiocies spiraling outta the far left and becoming more mainstream. the right aint changed. that's what it do: not change. the difference 's'that relatively normal people on the right have grown fearful and angry about being cast as far right or worse when they ain't really changed at all, or have become more tolerant.
Old 07-13-2018, 02:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Oh fuck off do not blame that shit on conservatives.

That lady was a registered Democrat and just because she yelled "Go back to your country" doesn't automatically a Trump supporter.

That's dishonest as fuck lol
I didn't blame it on the conservatives. But what are they doing to stop it other than threatening to kill people? Or posting pictures of their big guns on Instagram? Or calling people names?
Old 07-13-2018, 02:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelonpai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
trumps a product of the virulent idiocies spiraling outta the far left and becoming more mainstream. the right aint changed. that's what it do: not change. the difference 's'that relatively normal people on the right have grown fearful and angry about being cast as far right or worse when they ain't really changed at all, or have become more tolerant.
I know a lot of right wingers who aren't worked up over this stuff. It seems mostly people on the internet and facebook, and young men in their teens who are very impressionable towards pepe the frog seem to be the most vocal and worrisom group.
Old 07-13-2018, 02:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
fake news
Closed Thread