Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2017, 09:17 AM
Aviak

Angry How do people stand being Gnomes?

I wanted to make a Gnome Enchanter since the idea of something small charming something huge sounded cool. After trying it out I hated it. Due to their height the camera is really low to the ground and the bottom half of my screen becomes useless. I would have to be looking near the top of my screen or be really zoomed out all the time to see what's going on, and bad area awareness is terrible for an Enchanter.

Yes I could change the camera pitch. But when I cast an illusion to become a different race then the camera would be all screwed up and I'd have to fix it again. Have fun doing that all the time especially in an intense group/dungeon scenario.

Why do people play Gnome? Do they not realize how much better the camera is on other races? Gnome players have both my respect and pity for having a disadvantage over everyone else now. It's awful.
Last edited by Draulius; 03-14-2017 at 09:24 AM..
Old 03-14-2017, 09:31 AM
Kobold

My wizard is a gnome. He's level 5. Not sure he'll ever make it to level 6.
Old 03-14-2017, 09:32 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My wizard is a gnome. He's level 5. Not sure he'll ever make it to level 6.
Pretty sure that's because he's a Wizard.
Old 03-14-2017, 09:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draulius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure that's because he's a Wizard.
rofl.

On gnomes, I like how fast it seems you are running even when not sowed. I like how easy it is to survey the screen and target stuff if I need to click.

With larger races, you look big and dumb, and your fat body takes up 30% of the screen if you use 3rd person with your toon on the screen. It drives me crazy, especially on ogres and trolls.

As an enchanter just make any other race you would prefer. You can turn into a gnome any time you want if you don't like your base race being gnome. Also, maybe trying the female model would be better?

I have yet to stick with a gnome male myself, but made a gnome female and still find her fun.

Gnomes do get wall vision, and tinkering too just to remember what they bring to the table.
Old 03-14-2017, 09:50 AM
Planar Protector

I appreciate people that play gnomes much in the same way I appreciate skinny people on an airplane
Old 03-14-2017, 09:59 AM
Fire Giant

Gnomes are amazing. My DPS to height ratio is pretty damn good.
Old 03-14-2017, 10:04 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
rofl.

On gnomes, I like how fast it seems you are running even when not sowed. I like how easy it is to survey the screen and target stuff if I need to click.

With larger races, you look big and dumb, and your fat body takes up 30% of the screen if you use 3rd person with your toon on the screen. It drives me crazy, especially on ogres and trolls.

As an enchanter just make any other race you would prefer. You can turn into a gnome any time you want if you don't like your base race being gnome. Also, maybe trying the female model would be better?

I have yet to stick with a gnome male myself, but made a gnome female and still find her fun.

Gnomes do get wall vision, and tinkering too just to remember what they bring to the table.
You can just cast Illusion: Gnome whenever you want wall vision.
Old 03-14-2017, 11:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draulius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can just cast Illusion: Gnome whenever you want wall vision.
Solution is to become a nome. Not a nome, pretend you are one. Clearly logical answer.
Old 03-14-2017, 11:39 AM
Planar Protector

Crippling drug disorders.
Old 03-14-2017, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

Little legs so fast,
Tiny eyes see through the wall,
Small bald Steamfont friend
Closed Thread