Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2021, 02:33 AM
Sarnak

Default Question regarding same name on Green and Blue

What will happen if i made same name on green character as my main on blue? what will happen to the names when or if a server merger happens?

thanks for any reply from staff!
Old 06-22-2021, 10:43 AM
Planar Protector

If you use the same login account as blue you can make a chat with that same name on green (you effectively own the name if you have it on blue).

I believe when the servers merge there will be like an X added to the end of the green characters name. Or something like that. Similar to what happened if you transferred servers on live and your name was taken.
Old 06-22-2021, 05:46 PM
Planar Protector

The truth is out there, Barnes!
Old 06-23-2021, 07:15 PM
Planar Protector

Names are easy enough to get changed. I'm more concerned with full character slots in the event of a merge. Hopefully we have the option to move green characters to a fresh account to avoid having to delete to make room.
Old 06-23-2021, 07:47 PM
Planar Protector

A couple years ago not long before Green launched, Rogean was live streaming and talked about a few of these foreseeable issues. Mostly in regards to the technical side

With a merge, you could potentially end up with 16 characters on one account which is no problem server side. The limitation is with the client in that it can only display 8 characters which will be the first 8 in alphabetical order. To get to the deeper ones you would have to delete characters

Name conflicts was talked about too, but only that there could be numerous ways to address it. Way too early to decided which character would keep precedence over the name (highest level? created first? etc, etc) or how name changes would work

This doesnt really answer much. I'm not sure if staff has made any comment regarding the issues. Hopefully reasonable solutions can be made for those that end up in major binds
Old 06-24-2021, 01:05 AM
Planar Protector

The developers are losing sleep over this every night as we tick closer and closer to the doomsday of server merge 1. We're getting close and at least one of them has an ulcer.
Old 06-25-2021, 07:37 AM
Sarnak

With the endgame raiding raiding scene in the way it is, does anyone actually believe that merging the servers into one will actually work in any way?
(from a playability standpoint)
Old 06-25-2021, 07:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pootle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With the endgame raiding raiding scene in the way it is, does anyone actually believe that merging the servers into one will actually work in any way?
(from a playability standpoint)
It would be an improvement.
Old 07-03-2021, 03:48 AM
Kobold

I doubt the servers will merge but if they do it we will just have hidden characters if you have over 8 on both servers combined on the same account. I've already planned ahead and deleted a few to get 2 on blue and 6 on green. Plan ahead and make new accounts if you want more alts. I also didn't reuse names of my higher level characters on blue even though I really wanted to.
Old 07-03-2021, 12:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I doubt the servers will merge but if they do it we will just have hidden characters if you have over 8 on both servers combined on the same account. I've already planned ahead and deleted a few to get 2 on blue and 6 on green. Plan ahead and make new accounts if you want more alts. I also didn't reuse names of my higher level characters on blue even though I really wanted to.
Highly doubt the staff will pay for 3+ pve servers. Stuff is expensive. Also if we don’t merge the player base will be like 200 people on each server; terrible.
Closed Thread