Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 05:41 PM
Skeleton

i always wanted a suicide bomber class. someone who aggroed the whole zone, got a million mobs and exploded in a ball of ae glory and when they died to loose exp, hopefully the number of mobs was such that they gained more than lost. would be horrible in actual implementation, but is hilarious and fun in my fantasy.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:07 PM
Orc

Class: Zealot
Races: Human, Erudite, High-Elf, Half Elf, Iksar, Barbarian, Dark Elf
Deities: All, No Agnostic
Armor: Cloth
Weapons: 2HP, 2HS, 2HB
Mana or Stamina: Both
Stat Focus: WIS and STR
Details:

The zealot would be a fast-moving, heavy hitting damage dealer, who's skills are designed to invoke godly power into prowering their weapon swings.

The zealot would mostly be focused around procedural effects and spells that boost the attack rate and add various other interesting abilities.

Their defenses are rather weak (Very low AC) though they gain Dodge and parry, and their spells allow them access to a line of costly but powerful and fast-casting ward spells, to absorb damage.

They also feature the kick ability, 'Empowered Strike' which does weapon base damage with a guaranteed chance of the weapon firing any procs associated with it, and a non-mana related snare ability.

Other spells they have include lifetap-like divine healing abilities (though weaker than that of a necromancer), Divine caster themed DoT effects, and melee related self buffs.

The Zealot would be the final word in Glass-Cannon Melee Hybrids.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:36 PM
Planar Protector

This was my first idea when thinking through the OP, and I've always wished they made this class:

Class: Sorcerer
Races: Human, Erudite, High Elf, Dark Elf, Gnome
Armor: Cloth chest only, some plate pieces for other-than-chest slots like SSB, etc, no suits like FS, but rather individual pieces (no chain or leather). Planes cloth suit, with high int stats relative to other classes, as a tradeoff for not using the plate armors available to them.
Weapons: 1hs
Stat Focus: Int and Sta
Staple Abilities:
Wizard Spell Lines - less powerful variations of many popular wizard spells. Roots, dd nukes, AE nukes, teleport self (not group teleports), MAYBE an evac (chance to fail) at level 49, invis.

Mage Spell Lines
- less powerful variations of many popular mage spells. Pets (not elementals, more like summoned creatures, no wielding, but at higher levels powerful natural attacks), summoned utility items, self/pet-DS.

Enchanter Spell Lines
- less powerful variations of many popular enchanter spells. Self-augmentation, AE mes (but not single target), AE stun, self-crack at 49. No illusions!

Dual Wield, Double Attack, Riposte, Dodge, Parry.

The Sorcerer is limited to using a small selection of 1hs weapons, all of which are "long swords" as opposed to axe or scimitar type 1hs weapons. Short Sword of the Ykesha for instance, would not be available to the Sorcerer.

This class gives up a hybrid special ability (track, lay on hands, harm touch) in order to be more useful as a melee class while having a wide variety of spells at it's disposal. That being said, the Sorcerer's mana pool is extremely limited, and this class is far from an effective buffing class.

This class can be thought of as a medium/high melee/pet DPS class with the ability to back out of combat to nuke when the hps run low. The Sorcerer has moderate ability to solo by carefully using a variety of spells, it's pet, and the judicious use of melee combat.

While never able to truly tank, pet-tank, or nuke with the big boys, this jack of many trades can certainly produce results in a raid situation by using many of his or her abilities in a consistent manner. The Sorcerer in high int-gear is able to out-dps paladins, sk's, and rangers, but unable to tank like sk's and paladins, even in partial plate armor. That being said, solo, a Sorcerer in partial plate armor may in fact be tough enough to partially tank a mob or two when his pet gets low on life and he is out of mana.. ..likewise in a group situation with the proper buffs, a Sorcerer may indeed prove a viable tank, with the ability to keep aggro fairly well with low-mana high aggro spells like ae stun, but would not be able to concurrently produce the DPS available to the high int Sorcerer with more mana to cast more nukes.

Also, the Sorcerer dual-wields swords with a robe on. So fuck you.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:36 PM
Planar Protector

Class: Trickster
Races: Human, Gnome, Dark Elf
Armor: Cloth, Leather
Weapons: Piercing, 1hs, 1hb
Stat Focus: Str, Int, Sta
Staple Abilities:
Enchanter Spell Lines - less powerful variations of many popular enchanter spells, with a few notable exceptions (i.e., the Trickster is not able to cast clarity or any of the non-melee stat-buff enchanter spells [brilliance, insight, adorning grace]). The trickster focuses on mes, haste, stuns, faction spells, illusions, and mem-blurs.

Dual-wield, double attack, riposte, parry, dodge.

Sneak
is often used in conjunction with invisibility with the trickster, who is unable to hide like a rogue. This mimics the hide/sneak ability of the rogue, but has the annoying side effect of breaking at random times, making the combination far more useful than invisibility alone (sneaking behind see-invis mobs), but not as useful as hide/sneak. However, due to the Trickster's ability to stun, mes, and memblur, if careful, he is often able to compensate for the tendancy of invis to break.

Kick
- as per warriors, this skill has proven invaluable to the Trickster who likes to stay alive when battling casters.

Pick Locks
is another skill from the Trickster's rogue heritage which he puts to good use.

From studying the rogue's mastery with piercing weapons, Tricksters have learned that Critical Strikes with piercing weapons, while behind a mob, help compensate for their lack of a backstab skill. This would not equal the damage output of the rogue by any means, but does add a bit of melee viability to this hybrid class.

Basically a rogue/enchanter hybrid, this class is a medium melee dps class (ranger deeps + crits every once in a while), that can use a myriad of mostly evasive enchanter spells to help himself and his party stay alive and do more damage. Unable to utilize chain or the rogue evade ability, the Trickster MUST rely on these spells in order to evade damage more often, as the critical hits do tend to build up quite a bit of aggro (although not as much as backstabbing).

Also, Tricksters may often be found dual-wielding with a robe on. So fuck you.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:04 AM
Planar Protector

Oh that's some good stuff right there.

I was toying around with a class idea where the player can do certain special abilities based on detrimental effects cast on it.

Example:

Player is poisoned: Player can now lob some sort of poison spell back at the mob.
Player gets hit with a fire dot: Player can now throw fireballs.
Player is diseased: Player can now use a disease debuff.
And something similar for ice and magic based stuff.

It's an incomplete thought and I'm not even sure what I would call it. But it would be a completely unique ability never seen before that wouldn't require any special mechanics to be added.

The server would simply check how many counters of poison, disease, etc the character has and base the ability he can use on that.

Of course you would have to create an exploit check (ie: purposefully getting high level spells cast on you in a duel), but whatever.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This was my first idea when thinking through the OP, and I've always wished they made this class:

Class: Sorcerer
etc...
The main thing I would change would be the name Sorcerer.
When I think of Sorcerer I don't think of a dual-wielding long swords.

Sorcerer = big staff with glowy thing on it.

I love the concept, would thing of a different name. (just my opinion)

----------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Class: Trickster
stuff....
I like this one quite a bit.
Since I have to nitpick about something I would say this. I would not be caught dead wearing a robe if I had access to leather. Is that TMI? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by guineapig; 07-16-2010 at 10:01 AM..
Old 07-16-2010, 02:20 PM
Planar Protector

Don't hate; appreciate.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:13 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh that's some good stuff right there.

I was toying around with a class idea where the player can do certain special abilities based on detrimental effects cast on it.

Example:

Player is poisoned: Player can now lob some sort of poison spell back at the mob.
Player gets hit with a fire dot: Player can now throw fireballs.
Player is diseased: Player can now use a disease debuff.
And something similar for ice and magic based stuff.

It's an incomplete thought and I'm not even sure what I would call it. But it would be a completely unique ability never seen before that wouldn't require any special mechanics to be added.

The server would simply check how many counters of poison, disease, etc the character has and base the ability he can use on that.

Of course you would have to create an exploit check (ie: purposefully getting high level spells cast on you in a duel), but whatever.
This is awesome. Sounds a bit like the Spellthief from 3.5 DnD.

~Huffle
Old 07-16-2010, 04:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Don't hate; appreciate.
Not hating at all.

I tried my best to pick apart your ideas and all I could come up with was I don't think tricksters shouldn't wear robes and the other one shouldn't be called sorcerer... And those are both purely my opinions...

I would say that's pretty appreciative. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by olderj [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is awesome. Sounds a bit like the Spellthief from 3.5 DnD.

~Huffle
I knew something like this had to exist in some form somewhere. I'll have to look up info on that class.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:19 PM
Aviak

I dunno ... tad bit narrow to only think about classes.

How about class specializations. From what I've read it would make some of these classes unnecessary.

For example:
War at level 60 could choose to level into 2 handed weapons, dual ect ect....with each gaining a title, additional skill points into melee skill,.

...just a thought, lots of other mmorpgs have done the same.

Fact is....Velious, what then?
Closed Thread