Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2016, 03:51 PM
Planar Protector

Default Should this server allow boxing of level 1 characters only?

I've been pulling my hair out these last days just trying to get some of my 50+ spells. The spells are apparently being bought and sold according to p99 auctions, but never when I'm on my EC mule apparently, Whenever I camp my main out i at risk for losing my camp and at my level now it's not easy to simply find another camp. For the life of me I cannot see what harm would be caused by simply allowing such behavior.

And before anyone says it: I do already keep the auction stream going in my browser and tab over once and awhile but its just giant waste of time for the past couple of days. I think these "lower value" items probably don't get bothered to be offered for sale so you pretty much need to "WTB them..
Last edited by DMN; 06-04-2016 at 03:55 PM..
Old 06-04-2016, 04:00 PM
Aviak

Nope. Don't allow this. Suck it up and tunnel quest like the rest of us.
Old 06-04-2016, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbbjjttt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nope. Don't allow this. Suck it up and tunnel quest like the rest of us.
Why not? Be specific.
Old 06-04-2016, 04:20 PM
Banned

Because you must suck it up.
Old 06-04-2016, 04:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why not? Be specific.
Being allowed to box a tunnel-mule is very un-classic and creates a very un-classic environment. Now everybody rarely ever has to run to the bank or make dedicated EC tunnel visits to get things bought or sold which, for better for worse, is a staple classic EQ experience. Tunnel would be completely different and everything would be shittier. Convenience isn't always best. Much of the draw of classic EQ is precisely its inconvenience; for people who like to delay gratification, accomplishing something in EQ is that much more rewarding because of the process involved.

EQ is like edging for six hours and then finally having a tantric, transcendent orgasmic experience, versus the modern MMO where you nut in like 10 mins and it's meh
Old 06-04-2016, 04:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Being allowed to box a tunnel-mule is very un-classic and creates a very un-classic environment. Now everybody rarely ever has to run to the bank or make dedicated EC tunnel visits to get things bought or sold which, for better for worse, is a staple classic EQ experience. Tunnel would be completely different and everything would be shittier. Convenience isn't always best. Much of the draw of classic EQ is precisely its inconvenience; for people who like to delay gratification, accomplishing something in EQ is that much more rewarding because of the process involved.

EQ is like edging for six hours and then finally having a tantric, transcendent orgasmic experience, versus the modern MMO where you nut in like 10 mins and it's meh
Not classic? almost every player who didn't box other characters 50+ in classic had an EC mule boxed instead, or friend/guildmate doing it. If you want to make some kind of completely arbitrary argument about the accomplishment of sitting on your ass and drooling on your keyboard as you hit your EC macro button that's fine, but not classic? puhleez.
Old 06-04-2016, 04:50 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-04-2016, 05:04 PM
Sarnak

SHOOSH !
Old 06-04-2016, 05:42 PM
Planar Protector

DMN is an angry fella
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 06-04-2016, 06:11 PM
Fire Giant

No. We don't need the bazaar in EC. You can post on the forums, sit in EC like normal, and/or use the websites to your advantage and seek people out that are selling/buying what you have/want.
Closed Thread