Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 06:05 PM
Fire Giant

I personally don't think we should change anything, but in the spirit of this thread...

Instead of a pre-determined number, when a mob (say naggy) spawns, all the guilds present to do it come up with a number. Say DA says "we'll do it with 24", then IB could be like "well, we'll try with 23", then DA would reply with "Ok, we'll go 22 then!"... this would continue until one guild says "We'll try it with #" and the other is like "Fine, go for it."

Say Divinity does Naggy with 14, next week they'll know they can do it with 14 and so will everyone else, so to get the mob - you'll need to attempt it with less. Since in this example, Div killed it with 14 the next time they get to start and they say 14 - so to have a shot at the mob, DA, DW, IB, Doze, etc would have to attempt it with 13 or less.

That would really ensure the mob went to the most "skilled" and "not zerg" guild - but I personally don't have a huge problem with the way things are tbh.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did read your post. I fully understand it, but I still don't know what to say to the other half of the guild. If you had a 24 man limit, you can bet that guilds would only use their 24 best players.
You bring up a valid point. I would think in the interest of winning certainly some would bow out in the interest of the guild as a whole. Not being in your guild I don't know how your members would react.

I know for certain that there are certain raids where I feel like I am more valuable to the guild then others and would not feel the need to be there for the challenge.

For instance, if you are doing Naggy with no Fire giants there isn't a while hell of a lot enchanters are doing on this raid besides landing tash. Sure you could chain rune or nuke but the runes are not needed and the nukes are pathetic. So on this raid you get 1 chanter who doing mind being a buff bot and save your better enchanters for another raid.

Another example.
Why bother to waste your best geared tank on Dracho?

It's not that tough and actually adds to the strategy of picking out the best team build for each challenge..
Old 01-24-2011, 06:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I personally don't think we should change anything, but in the spirit of this thread...

Instead of a pre-determined number, when a mob (say naggy) spawns, all the guilds present to do it come up with a number. Say DA says "we'll do it with 24", then IB could be like "well, we'll try with 23", then DA would reply with "Ok, we'll go 22 then!"... this would continue until one guild says "We'll try it with #" and the other is like "Fine, go for it."

Say Divinity does Naggy with 14, next week they'll know they can do it with 14 and so will everyone else, so to get the mob - you'll need to attempt it with less. Since in this example, Div killed it with 14 the next time they get to start and they say 14 - so to have a shot at the mob, DA, DW, IB, Doze, etc would have to attempt it with 13 or less.

That would really ensure the mob went to the most "skilled" and "not zerg" guild - but I personally don't have a huge problem with the way things are tbh.
This truly would be awesome if it could happen. But sadly I never see this happening on the live server. That's why I thought of something fun to try in the spirit of fair competition with no loot on the line to cloud people's judgment and no chance for outside interference.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
in the spirit of fair competition
Rants & Flames would have a lot fewer threads if anyone you're talking about had any interest in this concept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
You'd be impressed if someone showed you the inner workings of a fucking lego castle.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:15 PM
Planar Protector

Anyway, it was just a though. I honestly though certain guilds would jump at the idea of a contest like this. Not naming names but some guilds claim to be all about doing more with less while some large guilds have been known to do more with less in the past. And smaller guilds who have been around for a while could have a great opportunity to show their stuff on mobs that are usually not available to them.

I'm personally not huge video game on competition but I still think it would be neat.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rants & Flames would have a lot fewer threads if anyone you're talking about had any interest in this concept.
Perhaps.
Point taken...
Old 01-24-2011, 06:21 PM
Fire Giant

It's D-R-A-C-O. As in "Dracoliche."

http://moestaverne.com/p1999wiki/index.php/Dracoliche

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=735
Old 01-24-2011, 07:49 PM
Kobold

Could be fun but the time and effort is probably better spent testing things for kunark.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:10 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Same reason people feel the urge to PVP... competition.
PVP has never been about competition, in any game. It's an excuse, a red herring.

PVP = griefing plain and simple.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:22 PM
Fire Giant

I personally feel like my PvP events have gone pretty well... the amount of greifing in terms of corpse camping and shit is fairly non-existant.

But yes, PvP in its most primal way, is indeed a way to grief people. Killing others to steal their loot? Hell yes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Anyways, posting here to say that I am all for competition on who can kill what boss with the least amount of players.

Id bet Nagafen can be killed with 10 people -- bard for resists, chanter for crack and haste, 3 clerics (2 on tank, 1 on backups / dps) 1 tank 3 dps and 1 backup healer (paladin preferrably for layhands and tanking capabilities just in case).

Will take a little bit to kill, but I bet the clerics would be able to keep their mana up easy enough. But I may be misjudging how fast the mana-regen is :/
Closed Thread