Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 10:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PVP has never been about competition, in any game. It's an excuse, a red herring.

PVP = griefing plain and simple.
This thread has absolutely NOTHING to do with PVP.... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-24-2011, 10:34 PM
Planar Protector

I vote zone-wide PVP when raid bosses spawn.

it's like you make the atomic bomb (server) and you don't want to let other countries (guilds) have nuclear secrets (under the radar information). it's gm's business and no one else's or else everyone gets nuked. letting Iran or North Korea beta test and keep the successful nukes, makes other countries uncomfortable.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:35 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I personally don't think we should change anything, but in the spirit of this thread...

Instead of a pre-determined number, when a mob (say naggy) spawns, all the guilds present to do it come up with a number. Say DA says "we'll do it with 24", then IB could be like "well, we'll try with 23", then DA would reply with "Ok, we'll go 22 then!"... this would continue until one guild says "We'll try it with #" and the other is like "Fine, go for it."

Say Divinity does Naggy with 14, next week they'll know they can do it with 14 and so will everyone else, so to get the mob - you'll need to attempt it with less. Since in this example, Div killed it with 14 the next time they get to start and they say 14 - so to have a shot at the mob, DA, DW, IB, Doze, etc would have to attempt it with 13 or less.

That would really ensure the mob went to the most "skilled" and "not zerg" guild - but I personally don't have a huge problem with the way things are tbh.
This reminds me of a great gameshow.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:35 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I came here to tell you, chicanery, that Pantheon just killed THREE BOSSES IN THREE HOURS

Congrats Pantheon on Ghoul Lord, Solusek Kobold King, and King Tranix!
Old 01-25-2011, 04:36 AM
Planar Protector

what a load of egotistical bollocks, sorry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-25-2011, 09:08 AM
Planar Protector

So after all the guild drama, given the chance to actually show what your guild can do nobody is interested? Wow.

I thought it would have been a lot of fun and something new and different.
I guess some people only play the game for pixel prizes after all.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought it would have been a lot of fun and something new and different.
I guess some people only play the game for pixel prizes after all.
Welcome to classic eq [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The whole "do less with more" thing is just what a guild says when they lose a mob to another guild who happens to have more people at the time. None of the kills require skill, and the idea of trying to prove it with less people would be pointless.

Hell, you do this, go back on p99 and say "oh yeah, well we killed CT with 20 people", the guild you're saying that to reply "oh yeah? well when you were killing a CT with no loot on test we camped him on p99 with 50 and got some loot".

Winner = no one.

I enchant things...
Old 01-25-2011, 10:29 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnimorph [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Winner = no one.
Guineapig, you can stop trying to solve the problems of P99.
65 Ogre Shaman
70 Erudite Paladin
85 Wood Elf Bard/Dark Elf Enchanter
Old 01-25-2011, 10:35 AM
Planar Protector

All right then, that's fine.

The thread was not to solve a problem on the server. It was a chance at something fun to do that any guild can take part in. But I guess maybe the game isn't supposed to be fun for some people.

Let there be no more talk of "guild skills" though.
I don't want to hear any more about who's guild is better when, given the chance to prove it, you all back down and make lame excuses.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:55 AM
Fire Giant

I remember back like 4-5 months ago. People were bitching non-stop about poopsocking because there was really no "competition" in it. And everyone claimed thats what classic was all about, "competition".

Now no one is interested in a "competition" event? ...pathetic.

As, guineapig, said...are you seriously playing an emu server for pixels? ...pathetic.

I think this is a great idea.

For everyone bitching about the #s, its just like any other team thing out there. You go somewhere with a team, but you put up your best quad when it comes to proving your teams skill.
Closed Thread