Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2021, 02:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Hole has the best ZEM and it's big enough with fast enough respawn where it can support 10-12 groups. So unless you are looking for loot, there isn't a reason to be elsewhere.
Just to tack on to what my esteemed colleague said, let me put it this way... on Blue, without doing any leveling in The Hole from 51-60 (mostly KC, Seb, Chardok, and a tiny bit in HS every once in a while), it took me a year to get to level 60. That was with:
  • Hybrid XP penalty
  • People shunning hybrids due to the XP penalty
  • People extra-shunning rangers
  • Living in an apartment, single, playing most nights 6pm-11pm and most of the weekend unless my friends dragged me out or I had a hot one-and-done use-me-for-a-free-meal-and-ghost-me match-dot-com date that night.

On Green, mostly leveling exclusively in The Hole from about 54-60 with the following:
  • Hybrid XP penalty
  • Married and owning a home (so significantly less play time), generally only being able to XP on Friday nights, losing XP to DTs on Wednesday Sky raids, and being not able to play at all for about 6 weeks due to a back injury (I wish I had a better story like I hurt it during a wild fornication maneuver, but in reality I just stepped up on a stepladder to change a light bulb wrong I guess?)

I made it from 51 to 60 this time around in 6 months.

THAT'S how good the Hole XP is.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 05-09-2021, 06:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wish I had a better story like I hurt it during a wild fornication maneuver, but in reality I just stepped up on a stepladder to change a light bulb wrong I guess?
praying for you bud
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 05-09-2021, 07:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just to tack on to what my esteemed colleague said, let me put it this way... on Blue, without doing any leveling in The Hole from 51-60 (mostly KC, Seb, Chardok, and a tiny bit in HS every once in a while), it took me a year to get to level 60. That was with:
  • Hybrid XP penalty
  • Living in an apartment, single, playing most nights 6pm-11pm and most of the weekend unless my friends dragged me out or I had a hot one-and-done use-me-for-a-free-meal-and-ghost-me match-dot-com date that night.

On Green, mostly leveling exclusively in The Hole from about 54-60 with the following:
  • Hybrid XP penalty
  • Married and owning a home (so significantly less play time), generally only being able to XP on Friday nights, losing XP to DTs on Wednesday Sky raids, and being not able to play at all for about 6 weeks due to a back injury (I wish I had a better story like I hurt it during a wild fornication maneuver, but in reality I just stepped up on a stepladder to change a light bulb wrong I guess?)

I made it from 51 to 60 this time around in 6 months.

THAT'S how good the Hole XP is.
Terrifying if acktchuaaylyay tru n not exurgerated
Old 05-09-2021, 10:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Terrifying if acktchuaaylyay tru n not exurgerated
Not exaggerated at all.

Wait, which part is terrifying?

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 05-10-2021, 12:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Not exaggerated at all.

Wait, which part is terrifying?
Starkind is a nonsensical poster, don’t worry about them
Old 05-10-2021, 08:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
praying for you bud
Old 05-10-2021, 02:32 PM
Aviak

“on Blue, without doing any leveling in The Hole from 51-60 (mostly KC, Seb, Chardok, and a tiny bit in HS every once in a while), it took me a year to get to level 60.

“Living in an apartment, single, playing most nights 6pm-11pm and most of the weekend unless my friends dragged me out or I had a hot one-and-done use-me-for-a-free-meal-and-ghost-me match-dot-com date that night.“

That stuff is terrifying. I’m glad you had a happy ending though:

“Married and owning a home (so significantly less play time), generally only being able to XP on Friday nights, losing XP to DTs on Wednesday Sky raids, and being not able to play at all for about 6 weeks due to a back injury (I wish I had a better story like I hurt it during a wild fornication maneuver, but in reality I just stepped up on a stepladder to change a light bulb wrong I guess?)

I made it from 51 to 60 this time around in 6 months.”
Old 05-10-2021, 02:38 PM
Aviak

51-60 over 6 months with only weekend playtime hits close to home: Me and my wife don’t have kids yet though.

I’m a wizard so I think my hard part is grouping to 51 without jboots. Then From what I’ve read I need to spend a whole weekend on ancient Cyclops list and then I can quad from 51-60 quicker then most, so it’s not that scary to me- but I can imagine anyone playing a hybrid/full melee this is straight up terrifying to read if true and not exaggerated.
Old 05-10-2021, 02:53 PM
Fire Giant

Leveled server first to 60 sk on green from 50-54 in HHK, then 55-60 in perma bear pits(hole didnt exist)

So Perma/Hole/HHK(you can solo basement chick as a warrior I'd think), Kedge is still solid until around 58 with mermaid/seahorse group.

Anyone listing any Kunark zone. The exp will take you forever IE look at yendors KC post.

To break it down. 2 lvl 55s trolls warrior and shmmy. 1 lvl 45 Dire wolf in perma = 224 kills

Same duo in kc a lvl 45 mob in KC = 445 kills...

Every kunark zone is awful for xp. Yes hole is overpacked, but groups there 24/7 and decent loot. Kedge/Perma is your best choices if you want 2 avoid hole.
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 05-10-2021, 04:29 PM
Planar Protector

maybe the best exp group is to group with a pharming level 60 enchanter if you offer that enchanter any utility at all and agree to let the enchy have all of the loot you can get on that EXP train.
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread