Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Who makes the best products for the average human being?
Toyota (lexus) 13 34.21%
Ford 5 13.16%
GM (Cadillac buick chevy) 2 5.26%
Mopar (chrysler dodge jeep) 1 2.63%
Mercedes 1 2.63%
Volvo 1 2.63%
VW Group 0 0%
Honda (acura) 6 15.79%
Nissan 2 5.26%
Audi 0 0%
BMW 1 2.63%
Subaru 5 13.16%
Peugeot 1 2.63%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2021, 08:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree with you Danth on CVT. I hate them too. It's really my only gripe about my subaru. I know Nissan is in hot water for their 'jUNKo' transmissions but my wife's cube is approaching 200k miles and we have only had to change the oil so far. I know it's due for a few things we should get on but it's still running great.
I warned you about the CVT. They're alright for some usages, like riding lawnmowers, but somewhat out of place in cars IMO. The Cube's a perfectly good little car, I agree. It's also been out of production for awhile; Nissan's problems are somewhat more recent. I expect they'll turn it around.

On a related note, I find it somehow hilarious that Chrysler first got bought by Fiat, and now merged with Peugeot. It's as if unreliability attracts itself.

----------------------------

I'm a little jealous that you can LIKE things like the Cube or a Subaru. I get in them and they feel so dreary and spartan. My idea of nice vehicles is 60's and 70's-style luxury cars with soft rides and plush seats. Can't find anything like that anymore; the last gasp of that style died out in the early 90's. Cost-cutting and the move to international platforms killed the American car.

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 05-15-2021 at 08:44 PM..
Old 05-16-2021, 02:56 AM
Planar Protector

It's between Toyota, Subaru and Honda for me. Same shit, all good.
Old 05-16-2021, 09:52 AM
Banned

Poll should be what type of car do you drive.
Old 05-16-2021, 10:03 AM
Planar Protector

I drive a ford but i think Toyota is easily the best manufacturer
Old 05-16-2021, 10:13 AM
Planar Protector

Haha I love my subarus interior so much with the exception of this plasticy silver trim around the center console. It looks ok now but I feel like it's not going to age well. While my seats are definitely not those plush cushioning bench style seats from those old rides, it is pretty comfortable. Primarily because of its impressive shock absorption. The ride is butter smooth it's incredible. My father in law has a Mercedes and he was so impressed at how luxurious the ride felt for a little sedan.

My car is overly autonomous though and I can really see how that would aggravate or be a negative to real car enthusiasts. I hated driving before I bought my car but now I really enjoy it and it's primarily because of how the car basically drives itself with the eyesight tech.

The cube on the other hand I'm not a big fan of but my wife adores it. I like that it's been a reliable little thing, it's easy to park and the visibility when driving in it is the best I've ever experienced in any car. But it drives like a go-kart lol.

I'm wondering if it's a good idea to invest in an all electric vehicle now though or wait a few more years? A lot more interesting all electric vehicles coming out now.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 05-16-2021, 11:41 AM
Banned

Little cars are the most fun. You cannot experience pushing the limit of a 500 hp v8 on the road without risking jail. In a little 1.x all low to the ground, taking corner at 20 mph feels amazing. lol I forget what that is called, it has a name. Something like "usable performance".

I had a racecar, its useless. It only really got going in 2 cause first was just smoke and sideways. You grab 3rd, you're doing double over. Grab 4th, your car can be impounded, you will be jailed, license suspended. 5th gear might as well not even stop cause its a forgone conclusion. You're fucked.

Get one that can turn, at least.
Old 05-16-2021, 11:45 AM
Banned

This is also pretty deep, but interesting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9NM...ichardHoldener

Are we approaching the end of the 2nd generation of muscle cars/bigass v8's etc.
Old 05-16-2021, 02:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravydoo II [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Little cars are the most fun. You cannot experience pushing the limit of a 500 hp v8 on the road without risking jail. In a little 1.x all low to the ground, taking corner at 20 mph feels amazing. lol I forget what that is called, it has a name. Something like "usable performance".

I had a racecar, its useless. It only really got going in 2 cause first was just smoke and sideways. You grab 3rd, you're doing double over. Grab 4th, your car can be impounded, you will be jailed, license suspended. 5th gear might as well not even stop cause its a forgone conclusion. You're fucked.

Get one that can turn, at least.
Everything you say makes sense and I think that is my problem with it. We all know these things but we don't talk on it, its weird stuff. I have encountered these talking points before online and I always feel dirty after reading them.

How far into hormone therapy are you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-16-2021, 02:38 PM
Planar Protector

its mercedes benz and it isnt even fucking close - maybe BMW b/c the M3 is still one of my all time favs

F1 championship team, beautiful cars

i just bought and C43 amg and it is by far the best vehicle ive ever owned - now i want a C63

if you're voting hyundai / subaru / etc you have a vagina or you're not a car guy
Old 05-16-2021, 03:16 PM
Banned

mercedes be doing sleezy shit like making the brake pad ride the rotor just below the edge so it leaves a lip. They dont turn rotors and now the new pad wont sit flat, gotta replace all the rotors. What should have been 100 bucks is now a shit load more. Demanding an alignment that eats the inside of tires because its cambered the fuck out for stuff most people will just never ever do. Service light a, service light b... lol. Only dealer can turn them off. Watch em when the lift picks up the car, its literally hugging the ground. The tires move sideways before they move upwards with the lift.

They make some sweet cars but they say crazy shit at the dealer to people who dont know better. That is my PERSONAL experience with them, does not mean the entire company is shit or their cars are not good. A cars a car, a mechanics a mechanic, and a service advisor can be a fucking piece of shit liar, too.
Closed Thread