Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2015, 09:18 PM
Planar Protector

Anyone else notice how all the braindead antivaxxers/conspiracy nutters are almost invariably creationists?
Old 07-03-2015, 09:21 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone else notice how all the braindead antivaxxers/conspiracy nutters are almost invariably creationists?
Notice how all of the greatest scientists of all time were all creationists? Notice how science was fucking invented by creationists you dumb fuck? Notice how you have no fucking clue whatsoever how to actually use your brain?
Old 07-03-2015, 09:43 PM
Planar Protector

That argument holds no water, because those people lived in an era when those who professed unbelief were actively persecuted. Atheism wasn't an option back then. Despite this, a vast majority of the progenitors of the scientific method did express their unbelief in a personal, intervening, omnibenevolent god; they were deists, at worst.

But, to quote Hitchens again, even if they all were devoutly religious people, it still wouldn't make any difference. Religion was our first attempt in many fields of study, and at making sense of reality. But because it was our first, it was also our worst:

“It was the best the species could do at a time when we had no concept of physics, chemistry, biology or medicine. We did not know that we lived on a round planet, let alone that the said planet was in orbit in a minor and obscure solar system, which was also on the edge of an unimaginably vast cosmos that was exploding away from its original source of energy. We did not know that micro-organisms were so powerful and lived in our digestive systems in order to enable us to live, as well as mounting lethal attacks on us as parasites. We did not know of our close kinship with other animals. We believed that sprites, imps, demons, and djinns were hovering in the air about us. We imagined that thunder and lightning were portentous. It has taken us a long time to shrug off this heavy coat of ignorance and fear, and every time we do there are self-interested forces who want to compel us to put it back on again.”
Last edited by paulgiamatti; 07-03-2015 at 09:46 PM..
Old 07-03-2015, 10:14 PM
Kobold

That argument holds no water as Hitchens was a fucking moron that drank himself to death and never contributed anything of any value to the world.

Quote:
“The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power. My Mother had taught me to seek all truth in the Bible.” - Nikola Tesla
You listen to retards. I listen to the greatest geniuses the world has ever known. P.S. Tesla lived in the 20th century and contributed more to man kind than any of these dumb fucks you worship like Hitchens, Harris, Krauss, Tyson.
Old 07-03-2015, 10:19 PM
Planar Protector

I think I can actually feel my intelligence quotient diminishing every time I interact with this guy.
Old 07-03-2015, 10:45 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think I can actually feel my intelligence quotient diminishing every time I interact with this guy.
You would have to have intelligence in the first place for it to diminish but you don't. You're just a dumb fucking waste of life that listens to people that talk out their ass and since you're incapable of actually thinking for yourself, you listen to them because they appeal to your own moronic preconceived notions.

I just proved you dead fucking wrong about your idiotic idea that "That argument holds no water, because those people lived in an era when those who professed unbelief were actively persecuted. Atheism wasn't an option back then." Nikola Tesla didn't live in that era you claim and he's saying the same things I am. What's your fucking excuse now you dumb piece of shit? Seriously, do society a favor and kill your worthless fucking self.
Old 07-03-2015, 10:59 PM
Planar Protector

The mid-19th through the mid-20th centuries were still times of religious persecution. I can assure you; Tesla's belief in the divine was probably the worst thing about him.
Old 07-04-2015, 12:04 AM
Banned

hi i agree with tesla that makes you wrong bitch

im just like tesla

e: also you seem like a really hateful angry person. maybe work on that before you launch a career yelling at people on video games forums
Last edited by Pokesan; 07-04-2015 at 12:09 AM..
Old 07-04-2015, 09:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
The mid-19th through the mid-20th centuries were still times of religious persecution. I can assure you; Tesla's belief in the divine was probably the worst thing about him.
You know how you always say that the reason we are even able to use these forums is because of science. Tesla is the scientist responsible for nearly all the major discoveries having to do with electricity and electronics. His belief in God didn't hold him back from making huge scientific advancements.
Old 07-04-2015, 10:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenzig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
His belief in God didn't hold him back from making huge scientific advancements.
Nor was it integral to them.
Closed Thread