Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2020, 01:26 PM
Sarnak

Well, the good news is that's not Najena, which is where I'm working on things right now. It does seem that the map is ready for the floors to simply be inputted, so I'll test that out later today.
Old 05-31-2020, 01:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabin76 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, the good news is that's not Najena, which is where I'm working on things right now. It does seem that the map is ready for the floors to simply be inputted, so I'll test that out later today.
LOL!

Somehow when I went looking for the skeleton I found https://wiki.project1999.com/Dark_boned_skeleton (note the space after "Dark"; not a hyphen) ... which is in Unrest ... instead of https://wiki.project1999.com/Dark-boned_skeleton ... in Najena. Both are undead-filled lower-level zones, so they somehow blurred together in my head [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-31-2020, 01:37 PM
Planar Protector

BTW, if it helps here's the code for Najena's main level:

Code:
{
      height: 529,
      image: 'Najena.jpg', 
      maxX: 750,
      maxY: 500,
      minX: -250,
      minY: -250,
      interval: 250,
      width: 541,
      zeroX: 368,
      zeroY: 220,
      zoomX: 0.376,
      zoomY: 0.375
  }

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-01-2020, 01:42 PM
Sarnak

OK, so I tried to put Moosh on the basement level the other day and was having no luck. It at least appears that the basement level is loc mapped, but perhaps I just couldn't figure out the syntax. Is there an example of a zone that has levels where the mobs are correctly mapped to the particular level? Runnyeye came to mind, but each level has its own map there.
Old 06-01-2020, 01:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabin76 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OK, so I tried to put Moosh on the basement level the other day and was having no luck. It at least appears that the basement level is loc mapped, but perhaps I just couldn't figure out the syntax. Is there an example of a zone that has levels where the mobs are correctly mapped to the particular level? Runnyeye came to mind, but each level has its own map there.
Looking at https://wiki.project1999.com/MediaWiki:Zones.js it seems only the main level has been mapped. I added "Basement" to Moosh's loc anyway (it doesn't hurt anything to have it there, and if someday the basement level is loc-mapped, that will make it work properly).

If you'd like to do the "loc mapping" for the basement level just follow the instructions in the wiki and then send me the loc data (like the data I posted for the main floor earlier) for that level.

Old 06-01-2020, 02:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Looking at https://wiki.project1999.com/MediaWiki:Zones.js it seems only the main level has been mapped. I added "Basement" to Moosh's loc anyway (it doesn't hurt anything to have it there, and if someday the basement level is loc-mapped, that will make it work properly).

If you'd like to do the "loc mapping" for the basement level just follow the instructions in the wiki and then send me the loc data (like the data I posted for the main floor earlier) for that level.
Actually, scratch that: I just went ahead and did the mapping for the basement level [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Let me know if anything looks incorrect, but Moosh at least seems to be in the right spot now.

Old 06-05-2020, 08:46 PM
Sarnak

I was changing the "how to obtain" part of a spell, but it seems something's borked in the template for spell research. It's supposed to default to "dropped" if there's nothing in the column for "how to acquire", but putting something there doesn't seem to get rid of the "dropped" part. I'm not sure how to, or if I can, change the way a template works, so I thought I'd post it here.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Template:Recipe_Component

As you can see: even in the example, "dropped" is there when it shouldn't be.

EDIT: Nevermind. I figured it out and fixed it.
Last edited by Sabin76; 06-05-2020 at 08:56 PM..
Old 06-05-2020, 08:57 PM
Planar Protector

When a template has "arguments" (ie. values you provide to it separated with "|") it refers to those arguments in the template code by number, so the first argument would be:

Code:
{{{1}}}
If you want to specify a default value (ie. if no one provides a first argument, use this value), you add it after a "|" inside that code:

Code:
{{{1|default value}}}
In this case the "- dropped" had gotten outside of where it should be:

Code:
{{{3|- Dropped}}}
I fixed it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 06-05-2020, 09:05 PM
Sarnak

I'm feeling productive today!

So, the auction tracker... does it read "k" as "x1000"? There are some items where it seems that it doesn't. If it does, and someone really was selling those Shining Metallic Robes for 6p, then I guess they gave away the deal of a lifetime.

Is there a way for me to dig into how it pulls data out of the logs? Or is that an admin only thing since it effects so much of the wiki. I'd also suggest a median price to go along with the mean as sometimes a really large or small logged price can skew the results dramatically. I know there's the last 20 logs of that item below, but I think having that info up top with the 30d and 90d averages would be useful.
Old 06-05-2020, 09:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I'm feeling productive today!

So, the auction tracker... does it read "k" as "x1000"? There are some items where it seems that it doesn't. If it does, and someone really was selling those Shining Metallic Robes for 6p, then I guess they gave away the deal of a lifetime.

Is there a way for me to dig into how it pulls data out of the logs? Or is that an admin only thing since it effects so much of the wiki. I'd also suggest a median price to go along with the mean as sometimes a really large or small logged price can skew the results dramatically. I know there's the last 20 logs of that item below, but I think having that info up top with the 30d and 90d averages would be useful.
Here's the thing: the guy who made the auction system (Rahvin) no longer plays. Before he stopped he had a way for people to correct prices, but it had a "the cure is worse than the illness" problem because people could abuse it to inflate/deflate prices.

Thus, he made it so only admins can correct prices. This is an imperfect solution, but unless someone else out there wants to write PHP code to do what you suggest, all you can do is pester me whenever you notice an item with a particularly egregious price problem.

But of course, if you can code in PHP I strongly encourage a solution like the one you proposed! The source code is here: http://wiki.project1999.com/utils/wikiUtils.php.

Closed Thread