Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2020, 03:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, weed is so much worse than making people feel bad for the way they were born [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you wish to look at it that way. I was pointing that weed makes white men a bit fay, just a little bit.

Is it wrong for a man, who is not gay, to consider something is gay and not for him?

likewise

Is it wrong for a gay man, who is not straight, to consider something is straight and acceptable? I mean, he wouldn't be gay anymore he would be bi.
Old 05-31-2020, 03:53 PM
Banned

what a fire giant
Old 05-31-2020, 03:55 PM
Planar Protector

I bet the Akhevans didn't reproduce sexually, thusly they were asexual.

Like me!!!
Old 05-31-2020, 03:56 PM
Planar Protector

it is said they made many avatars [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] and u could kill the avatar, but the shade would always live on, spooky
Old 05-31-2020, 03:56 PM
Banned

Ima go find something to eat while Loramin rolls him a joint.
Old 05-31-2020, 03:57 PM
Planar Protector

If they hadn't tried talking to the combine folk, they probably would have invaded norrath and destroyed the dragons while the giants picked their noses.
Old 05-31-2020, 03:57 PM
Planar Protector

Yo, loramin, u got any favorite tidbits of EQ lore?
Old 05-31-2020, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yo, loramin, u got any favorite tidbits of EQ lore?
Every Kraddok video ever [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Aside from that though, not really. Personally I find most of the EQ lore boring/derivative. It's a bit fun when someone (like Kraddok) explains it, but it's not nearly cool enough to make me put in effort to learn it.

Also, BTW I looked at the Shawl quests again (it's been awhile since I did them), and you're right: there's not a lot of lore to them (I was remembering things like the prayer to brell part, or finding that scout dwarf, which were fun and unique aspects of the quest ... but there's only barely any story involved).

There's a bit more story to the other two "Velious epic quests" (eg. Spirit of Garzicor tells the story of Garzicor), but not that much. I'm actually starting to come around more to your point of view: compared to the stories in the epic quests in Kunark ... or even just some of the stupid quests in classic/Kunark ... Velious does seem kinda light on lore.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-31-2020, 04:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is it wrong for a gay man, who is not straight, to consider something is straight and acceptable? I mean, he wouldn't be gay anymore he would be bi.
It's wrong to use any otherwise neutral adjective that describes a core aspect of how someone is born (their race, their sexual orientation ... heck even their height or mental disability) as a derogatory term.

Most English speakers can understand that when you do that, you're equating the way that person was born with a negative value ... in other words you're indicating that you believe that group of people are inferior, because you're using the word that describes them as a slur.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-31-2020, 04:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Possible that kunark and velious were extra zones for leveling and exploring. Iksars might've just been to help sell an expansion, thus giving them all sorts of bonuses to seem appealing. There was no other races for velious. K nor V have gypsy camps or inns.

Honestly I think it was, the two expansions offer none of the RPG elements the original did. You don't have to research any spells but just spent 50 levels working it up to play in the games environment for spell casters.

level 60 was tacked on for character progression and each xpansion features improved graffix. Thus setting the mold for games outside of the genre a decade later when large companies launch their MMORPG copy known as Live Service. EQ is my favorite pc game ever made but it could very well have helped screw it all up.
I think Iksar existed before any idea about how best to sell an expansion. And their AC boost is the only meaningful benefit they have that you can find in another race for most of their classes (regen is the same as Troll) and even that isn’t that meaningful.
Closed Thread