Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Screenshots

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2020, 06:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by watbab [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the first few times I was able to load up luclin without crashing before having to eventually upgrade my 175Mhz pentium original eq puter the zone graphics blew my mind

absolutely hated the character models and still do tho
Well we have Takp. Just wish exp weren't so classic. Finally dinged my wizard to 46 there.
Old 05-29-2020, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by watbab [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the first few times I was able to load up luclin without crashing before having to eventually upgrade my 175Mhz pentium original eq puter the zone graphics blew my mind

absolutely hated the character models and still do tho
I actually don't mind a couple of the character models in Luclin. I like the Ogre and high elf models, for instance. Gnomes were fine too (didn't really look that much different, just better res).
Old 05-30-2020, 08:55 PM
Fire Giant

The original character models are timeless. They have that retro charm but for their time they were actually fairly well detailed.

Luclin models were a total mistake and only get worse as time goes by imho.
Old 05-30-2020, 10:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The original character models are timeless. They have that retro charm but for their time they were actually fairly well detailed.

Luclin models were a total mistake and only get worse as time goes by imho.
Yeah
Old 05-31-2020, 01:08 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I actually don't mind a couple of the character models in Luclin. I like the Ogre and high elf models, for instance. Gnomes were fine too (didn't really look that much different, just better res).
Gnome troll and ogre luclin models were the absolute worst imo

Not only do they look bad themselves but they totally changed the design and feel of those races from the originals that people had chosen and played on for years

I hated even seeing my gnome in raid pics posted by guildies back in the day
Old 05-31-2020, 01:11 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well we have Takp. Just wish exp weren't so classic. Finally dinged my wizard to 46 there.
If it had pvp I'd be all over it and then some
Old 05-31-2020, 03:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Not only do they look bad themselves but they totally changed the design and feel of those races from the originals that people had chosen and played on for years

Yeah absolutely. I turn them on for a bit, then off. They've stayed off a good while now.
Quote:
If it had pvp I'd be all over it and then some
It sad Takp doesn't. I struggle with players being magically walled off and I find the lack of PVP really isolating. It's also frustrating when I come across some cupcakes with tunnel vision. I will probably end up back on red 1.0 after I have exhausted the lower level quests. If we don't have a red 2.0 by then. I'm taking my time and learning how to do more than just nuke stuff for once.
Old 06-02-2020, 12:20 PM
Aviak

Quote:

I disagree. Of all the models that were updated, trolls were the best. They truly resembled the haggard military agents of Fear and Hate! I especially like the sideways slouch they had.

The new models didn't bother me compared to my computer, which hated the resources they took up.

Baritune - level 60 Bard
Weegee - level 40 Wizard

Representing the Sanctuary Guild as an officer. We're a group friendly red players looking enjoy Project99 without the shackles of the blue servers rules!
Old 06-02-2020, 03:07 PM
Planar Protector

yeah i agree the trolls induced mad dysphoria in me but they were really well done models, i think the girls could have had sparser more diseased less 'done' hair.
Old 06-10-2020, 10:55 PM
Planar Protector

Shoutout Vonartik