Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2020, 11:29 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default New Warrior Gearing - Green

Hey all. Got my new barbarian warrior up to 17. Spent some time in NK gathering some coin and xp on lightstones. I have a full suit of banded. Silvery War Axe, Gloomwater Harpoon, and Langseax of the Wolves for weapons. But thats about it.

Nothing for rings and earrings. Guess Ive read AC & HP should be primary stats to build upon. I have about 600p and was thinking of getting a couple Platinum Fire Wedding Ring and maybe a hero bracer? Welcome to hear other gearing opinions. Thanks.
Old 05-29-2020, 12:06 AM
Planar Protector

I think your next best purchase is as you say, the platinum fire wedding rings. They just got really cheap as of Solusek Ro patch!
Old 05-29-2020, 09:08 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azeam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey all. Got my new barbarian warrior up to 17. Spent some time in NK gathering some coin and xp on lightstones. I have a full suit of banded. Silvery War Axe, Gloomwater Harpoon, and Langseax of the Wolves for weapons. But thats about it.

Nothing for rings and earrings. Guess Ive read AC & HP should be primary stats to build upon. I have about 600p and was thinking of getting a couple Platinum Fire Wedding Ring and maybe a hero bracer? Welcome to hear other gearing opinions. Thanks.
Those 3 items would be my top priorities and will cost most of your plat.
Old 05-29-2020, 10:15 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Great, thanks guys. I’ll work on heading down that road. Figure the banded can last me for a while... what will I be working toward for an upgrade to that? Thanks again.
Old 05-29-2020, 10:21 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azeam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Great, thanks guys. I’ll work on heading down that road. Figure the banded can last me for a while... what will I be working toward for an upgrade to that? Thanks again.
Probably crafted.
Old 05-29-2020, 11:44 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Probably crafted.
Got it... will keep that on my radar. Thanks!
Old 06-02-2020, 12:21 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

This may seem like a silly question but when I duel wield I have:

Silvery War Axe: 6 / 22
Gloomwater Harpoon: 9 / 31

My natural instinct is to equip the war axe primary and the harpoon secondary. but I've switched them up and appear to do more dps with the harpoon wielded primary, the thing hits like a truck compared to the war axe. Is there really that much of a difference one way or the other? Im not entirely sure of the mechanics of duel wield.

And another question for those who can help. I want to remember (going back 20years) there's a damage cap because my Langseax of the Wolves hits for max 31 at the moment, I'm 17. But I cant remember what level that damage cap comes off. Thanks!
Old 06-02-2020, 01:27 PM
Aviak

Harpoon has the better ratio and should be in main hand.

You are probably thinking of end game where you have several stacking main hand damage bonuses adding up. Which obviously favors lower delay weapons but the first point isn’t until level 28. So by level 28 your 6/22 is now in effect a 7/22. But if I remember right it’s 1 point of damage bonus every 3 levels past 28 so level 31 the silvery axe becomes marginally better than the harpoon.

Damage cap is kind of odd for me because it doesn’t match up with how I remember it classically. Essentially on p1999 they cap just your weapon damage and increase the cap every 10 levels. But you will hit over this cap with enough strength or attack bonuses regularly. Your next cap increase is level 20 and that’s when most Kunark and later era high damage 2 handers get their training wheels off.
Old 06-02-2020, 02:59 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thanks rajax. Yeah, better dps should go in primary... that makes sense.

For whatever reason I defaulted to the lower delay weapons went into primary, slower delay went in secondary. I have no idea where I came up with that, just my knee-jerk reaction probably engrained back some 20 years ago.

Maybe I should look to replace the war axe with something comparable with the harpoon! or even duel wield harpoons...

I did pick up a couple plat fire rings so thats checked off the list. I want to look for Crested Spaulders next. I would net considerably from the crested spaulders, I have some 2ac shoulders now.
Old 06-02-2020, 09:19 PM
Aviak

If you don’t mind some snickering from the guys running around in dresses, a great classic era weapon that was pretty widely available was the polished steel dirk. 8/23 rarish drop from the spectre guards near the entrance to the Bertox cult under Qeynos. Someone was usually camping them and they often rot being lore and only having 3 classes that can equip. If you did any of the good aligned quests for great Xp in Qeynos you are probably very KoS at this point so be cautious going down to ask if any are for sale.

Some big tough warriors don’t like to be seen poking things with what appears to be a tiny rusty dagger but it’s pretty amazing threat generation for the pre-yak pre- Kunark weapons life.

Might be best long term to save your money for the crafted armor quest gems. You are going to need several of them to complete your set.
Last edited by rajax; 06-02-2020 at 09:24 PM..
Closed Thread