Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 07:21 PM
Planar Protector

Default Bard Kiting 25-30

I'm making very good progress on my bard (currently lvl 22), and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on where to kite at for the level range of 25-30. I know I can stay in OT until 25, but I've been trying to find out where to go after that. This guide suggests WW for 26-28, but also states that it is all low blue mobs. http://wiki.project1999.com/Deajay%2...Location_Guide
From 28-30 it suggests FV. But I'm not super comfortable with that suggestion since I know that there are an abundance of caster mobs in that zone.
Any suggestions on alternatives for this lvl range would be much appreciated.
Old 06-16-2014, 07:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenzig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm making very good progress on my bard (currently lvl 22), and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on where to kite at for the level range of 25-30. I know I can stay in OT until 25, but I've been trying to find out where to go after that. This guide suggests WW for 26-28, but also states that it is all low blue mobs. http://wiki.project1999.com/Deajay%2...Location_Guide
From 28-30 it suggests FV. But I'm not super comfortable with that suggestion since I know that there are an abundance of caster mobs in that zone.
Any suggestions on alternatives for this lvl range would be much appreciated.
I did South Karana until like level 32/33. I'd recommend doing it during off peak hours so you can actually pull a fair amount of mobs without bothering people who are camping stuff. Start near centaurs in north, work way down to paw and get gnolls, head to aviak village, and then get centaurs by the hermit. Kite the mobs on the east side of the zone that looks like desert...no roamers over there.

Again, do it during off peak hours...as a lot of people camp mobs at paw and aviak village there during primetime and it's not worth bugging those people. Plus...you have the chance to run into Quillmane. Just don't be that person that snipes her when someone is actively trying to spawn her.
Old 06-16-2014, 08:04 PM
Planar Protector

I was thinking SK. But I wasn't sure how many caster mobs were there. Do Centaur archers do dmg at range that will kill a bard?
Old 06-16-2014, 09:05 PM
Planar Protector

No
Old 06-16-2014, 09:19 PM
Planar Protector

Sweet! thank you for the input?
Old 06-16-2014, 10:40 PM
Planar Protector

25-27 I think I did loio and pulled the zone to the windmill area. After that I did ot which sucks if more then 1 other person is there.
P.s. Ww has too many hills and if your pulling gobs gota worry about healers and giants hit boxes suck.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenzig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was thinking SK. But I wasn't sure how many caster mobs were there. Do Centaur archers do dmg at range that will kill a bard?
My experience AEing in SK was, the centaurs will be your favorite mobs. They're like little treasure boxes full of exp.

Every song I play is actually just me screaming the 1812 Overture in a raspy, shrieking falsetto.
Old 06-17-2014, 09:05 AM
Planar Protector

Good to know. Thanks all for the advice.
Old 06-17-2014, 09:37 AM
Planar Protector

Those of you suggesting Centaurs, how recently did you do that?

Cause last time I tried a week or two back, the centaur hitbox was too large to kite around. Maybe I didn't spend enough time messing with it, but I thought their hitbox or Runspeed was making them impossible to kite.
Old 06-17-2014, 01:51 PM
Planar Protector

I did centaur, gnolls, and aviak kites like a year and 9 months ago. Maybe this doesn't work as well anymore?
Closed Thread