Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-20-2020, 10:22 PM
Sarnak

Default rustle ui 2: rise of the apes

rustle ui 2: rise of the apes
a ui for project 1999 blue or red server.

download:
standard version https://www.eqinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=6828
4k version https://www.eqinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=6829

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

this is what we've got:
- we got big ol' health bars all up in here. i'm old.
- every slot can be clicked from the hot bar.
- the inventory window shows all bag slots.
- many of the ui elements have been removed, such as the friend window and the bard buff window, among others.

this is a fork from qqui. shout out to cucumbers for his sweet ui which inspired this one. much respect.

new stuff since rustle.1 ui:
standard & 4k - the player and party health bars will gradually change color when losing (or gaining) health.
standard & 4k - added a one window bank, similar to the inventory window.
standard & 4k - added a light border around empty hot buttons and bag slots to help with visual clarity.
standard & 4k - added a drop shadow on buff names to more easily read in bright places, like velious.
4k - the vendor "buy" button text has been fixed.
4k - added the title bar to chat windows.
standard & 4k - cut a lot of the fat. compared to rustle.1, this has a much smaller install size.

things to watch out for:
if your bags have less than 10 slots, but you put an item in a bag slot you don't actually have, the item will end up on your "cursor". it's not recommended you do that, maybe it'll get deleted or something, but your mileage may vary.

how to install:
- extract the folder to your p99 ui directory. like c:\project1999\uifiles\ or where ever your install is.
- after logging into the game type: /loadskin rustle2 (or /loadskin rustle2.4k)
- now check your immersion cuz you're about to feel rustled.
Old 05-20-2020, 10:24 PM
Planar Protector

Superb Custom UI!

Thanks for posting it on eqinterface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 05-20-2020, 10:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
standard & 4k - the player and party health bars will gradually change color when losing (or gaining) health.
<3

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-20-2020, 11:17 PM
Kobold

Any idea how this looks at 1440 resolution?
Old 05-20-2020, 11:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dithien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any idea how this looks at 1440 resolution?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
like 77.77~% better than 1080 resolution, but only about 44.44~% as good as 2160 resolution.

or something.
Old 05-21-2020, 05:23 PM
Planar Protector

Is it just me or is the pet window missing a "click handle"? I can't figure out how to drag it, or where to right-click on it to unlock it, if it's locked.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-21-2020, 06:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is it just me or is the pet window missing a "click handle"? I can't figure out how to drag it, or where to right-click on it to unlock it, if it's locked.
should be able to grab it around the edges. however i just noticed that i forgot to update the pet bar. i'll get that updated soon.
Old 05-23-2020, 10:05 PM
Sarnak

version 2.0.1 is available

- pet window is fixed. the pet healthbar will gradually change color similar to the other health bars.
- several of the popup info text has been made larger in the 4k version.

Please type F for Gibartik, Xasantik, Lanartik, Jobekn, and all the rest of the brave heros who helped update this pet window.
Old 05-23-2020, 10:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
version 2.0.1 is available

- pet window is fixed. the pet healthbar will gradually change color similar to the other health bars.
- several of the popup info text has been made larger in the 4k version.

Please type F for Gibartik, Xasantik, Lanartik, Jobekn, and all the rest of the brave heros who helped update this pet window.
F!

Also, not only is Vener's life yellow now, but I can actually drag the pet window, so something (either your new code, or re-loading the UI) fixed that too [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Thanks!

For anyone looking for a "usability focused" UI I highly recommend it. Giant health/mana bars, giant target health bar, fairly large XP bar, you can right-click any item you wear without opening another window, and you can open all your bags at once in a single grid window. All very cool.

Last edited by loramin; 05-23-2020 at 10:23 PM..
Old 05-23-2020, 10:27 PM
Planar Protector

P.S. Honestly I know how much work this sort of thing must be, and it must be obnoxious to hear people ask for you to waste even more of your time to serve them. So keeping that in mind, these are just thoughts for if you want to make improvements; otherwise please disgregard this ungrateful Barbarian:
  • A slightly smaller spell font would be nice, just because every time I see Pox of Bertoxxulous it looks like the UI is broken, or like I have another window covering the bottom of the spell
  • The actual mana number (not %) is pretty small. The percentage is great (and of course the mana bar is awesome), but when I'm low on mana and trying to decide "do I have enough for one last ____?", it's kind of a tiny number amongst lots of others
  • Am I missing where the "max weight" is? I see my weight, and it's cool that it's red/green, but it'd be nice to know "how much crap do I have to delete before it goes green again?" Maybe you could put the max (or current/max) in the upper left corner of the inventory window? There's a bit of bare space there.
  • As beautiful as the spell icons are, if there was any way to improve the contrast it would help the "usability" (I'm literally thinking just opening their graphic file in a graphics program and pulling that curve tool, or even just adjusting the contrast directly)?

But again, it's an awesome UI, and I'll likely keep using it even if there's never another edition!

Last edited by loramin; 05-23-2020 at 10:30 PM..