Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-30-2020, 03:07 PM
Kobold

Default Crashing every time I try to log in to Skyshrine

Character is literally stuck in skyshrine. Every time i try to log in from character select it crashed. Over 5 attempts.....
help?
Old 05-30-2020, 03:27 PM
Planar Protector

If none of the more general crash fixes on https://wiki.project1999.com/Tech_Support help, you could try making a fresh install, and copying over the Skyshrine zone file from it into your current install.

Before doing that you might want to see if you can get another character to try and enter Skyshrine: if they can, you know the problem isn't your zone file, it's something to do with your character (and you may need to clear files specific to that character).

I know "can't login to ___ zone" is a common problem, so others likely can provide more/better suggestions (and if they do, it'd be great if someone could add them to that wiki page).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-30-2020, 07:08 PM
Kobold

ty Loramin - and yeah i followed the guide with the exe stuff for p99. service pack 3 etc. able to log on every toon outside of ss. just not IN ss
Old 05-31-2020, 04:09 AM
Kobold

Perhaps error is not zone files but some UI error. Try move/rename that said chars ui files. If it works to oog in after renamid/moving then error was there.

If still error, I would try a fresh install.