Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2020, 11:15 AM
Kobold

Default Macro Codes

So back in the day, I made a button to report my mana percentage to my group. Went something like this I think:

/g Mana at <mpp>

The output was: "Mana at 56%"

But now as I am writing this, I think this might have been an old Final Fantasy 11 macro...

Is a macro like this possible on green?
Old 06-01-2020, 11:35 AM
Planar Protector

Not possible without cheating.
Old 06-01-2020, 11:38 AM
Planar Protector

Also casters (healers especially) often shouldn't be telling their exact mana. Instead, you kind of have to tailor how accurate you are in your mana reporting to how competent your group is. With less competent groups you should report lower-than-actual numbers, to give you the necessary "buffer" to handle problems that come up.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 06-01-2020 at 11:51 AM..
Old 06-01-2020, 11:43 AM
Kobold

Thanks for clearing that up, fastboy21.

And that's some solid advise, Loramin, I will take to heart.
Old 06-01-2020, 12:18 PM
Fire Giant

Well it can be done but not that accurate more like make macro for like 20%, then another for 40%, 60% etc.. I actually do this on my cleric. And now my Wizzy. Its not perfect but what else am i going to use 2-6 keybinds for. (Alt + #) = spell I wish to use. On Cleric CH chain takes up 1 macro.. Wizzy 1 takes up Asisst.
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 06-03-2020, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

I routinely report my mana when I'm healing as less than it really is, especially if I think the puller or rest of the group is unreliable. I essentially report myself "oom" when I don't have enough mana for unexpected problems.

Pullers on p99 are addicted to chain pulling. If you don't make clear that you are oom they will keep pulling until you wipe. Chain pulling is great, but losing a DPS person in the group when you are running a mana deficit so that they can bring an additional mob, while it makes the puller feel uber, usually doesn't always increase the overall exp of the group while increasing the work load and risk of the group. If your puller doesn't know the difference or how to balance the pulls vs. mana, then usually it is the healer's job to make sure he knows when mana breaks are needed.
Old 06-03-2020, 03:06 PM
Fire Giant

What fastboy said. Its all about communicating. Feel free to call someone out for being bad. Breaking mez/Puller not controlling his speed of pulls, Wizzy nuking moment mob b4 its even seen-_-, peeps casting fear on dungeon mobs. Whatever it is, be open and communicate. As a healer let group know your mana plz it really helps control the group and save wipes. Personally me getting that one extra mob every 22 mins is not worth the 10%-20% exp from death.
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 06-03-2020, 03:08 PM
Planar Protector

That macro is from FFXI
Old 06-03-2020, 03:10 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also casters (healers especially) often shouldn't be telling their exact mana. Instead, you kind of have to tailor how accurate you are in your mana reporting to how competent your group is. With less competent groups you should report lower-than-actual numbers, to give you the necessary "buffer" to handle problems that come up.
Loramin don't take this the wrong way but did you eat a lot of paint chips as a kid?
Old 06-03-2020, 03:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagavan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Loramin don't take this the wrong way but did you eat a lot of paint chips as a kid?
The better question, I think, is did you?
Closed Thread