Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 12:14 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pullyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most people don't fuck with the 7mgte because they have a tendency to blow head gaskets due to a manufacturing flaw iirc. Although im sure that if you replace all the internals, mill the head and block nice and even and use a good head gasket that would sort out a lot of those issues. What exactly are your goals? 10 second quarter with a 150 trap? Lol.
Ya, it was an easy fix for the 7mgte to just deck the head and slap on a metal headgasket and torque it to 90lbs. After that there are no head issues.

here is what i've bought so far[IMG][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][/IMG]

[IMG][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][/IMG]

[IMG][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][/IMG]

just some of the stuff i'm putting in the car. on top of a big t4 turbo.

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"
- "In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming."

Old 07-19-2013, 06:38 AM
Sarnak

Looks like you will be good to make 600+ if you so desire. Post dyno sheets when its all said and done. My car is actually off getting tined right now. Hoping to run a 11.99 or faster on the stock 235 tire more than hitting any certain number on the dyno though.
Old 07-20-2013, 06:25 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by chtulu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Get on my level, suckas!

Deal.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 07-20-2013, 09:38 PM
Fire Giant

Proof it's yours sir? What size turbo is that btw? whats the cubic inches on that bad mama jama?

Old 07-20-2013, 11:47 PM
Aviak

It's a 330 ci "Standard" Ford GT Motor. It's an upgrade from the 5.4 that comes in the lightning due to its forged H-Beam rods, stronger crank, and 4 valve heads.

Nice low compression (ish) and can handle (so far) 26psi.

oh and the turbo is a PT4788 , good for 1000+HP ..I didn't push it past 650 at the wheels as I wasn't done tuning it yet because......I sold it last january (2012) due to ex-wife coming back to sue for custody of my son.

Gave up the truck to keep the boy!

Outside of build pics and such, no.. no way to prove it since it's gone now.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:55 PM
Fire Giant

Its coming along nicely! valve cover, intake powdered and colored, next is exhaust and throttle body.

Old 10-24-2013, 12:41 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Just some food for thought, I just got into the Modding business, I own an 8th gen Civic SI (much fun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]). So far I only have a CAI in there, but that alone makes the car sound like a mustang GT with cams in it in the cold weather when She's runnin' in her element. Anyways here are some good things to upgrade

First you probably want to start with upgrading I / H / E (Intake Headers Exhaust) to let your car breathe better, stock air boxes, and exhaust systems starve your car for air, and the 'exhaling' of exhaust etc. I'm not too familiar with turbos, have a little more experience with Superchargers.. but I'm sure theres some form of intake on the turbo... the bigger the Intake tube the better. As for Exhaust, you can get the big ol' hollowed out can, which is great for your car, but a lot of times that ends up being illegal. As for my car one of the best exhausts is actually street legal. Headers are useful, but not always needed as much as everything else a lot of times cars come with beefy enough headers to hold you off until your pushin serious HP. Research is your best friend here [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Also the actual intake manifold can increase your performance a lot by also increasing airflow, bored out intake manifolds are the usual choice.

As for the Supercharger vs. Turbo argument Superchargers start booosting immediately, they are attached to your belt so as soon as you hit that accelerator you are going to be pushing boost. Great for off the line (I prefer a supercharger over a turbo), and any time you are going to be doing mountain driving, or anything with a lot of cornering superchargers are your best bet as they once again start boosting as soon as you step on teh gas. They are great high end as well, but as for turbo you are going to push more high end. The thing with turbos is they have a turbo lag, turbo works off your exhaust and recycles it into your engine, thus it has to wait for exhaust to be made. From what I have heard once you hit a certain level of torque, there is no longer turbo lag, and you start boosting immediately.

Next you want to go for Suspension and Tune. Tune is a huge thing on your car, and from that alone you can get a huge performance leap. As for my car you can drop the VTEC kick in area (which you want to put where your torque curve intersects your HP curve) also you can greatly increase your lower end power where a lot of times your car is shooting fuel economy rather than power. Tune is huge.

Suspension is a massive upgrade that a lot of people don't think would do too much. The other day I was driving, and a little bit more modded out Civic pulled up next to me, and took of. He hit a corner, and it literally looked like a bucking bronco, if you have ever seen those baby car ride things you pass at toys r us and what not where the car chassis hovers like a foot above the base, thats almost exactly what it looked like lol. Suspension first off will make your car hook infinitely better, your front end wont lift up when you accelerate, which is insanely good. It also improves your aerodynamics by lowering you closer to the ground. Improves handling via lowering center of gravity. Makes your car sit in the turn better due to tighter suspension. Suspension is huge. Look for Coilovers.

After that you probably want to start into the engine, Since you are looking to push heavy boost, as others have said, the higher boost you push the harder you run on the engine, you are forcing air to compress, and go into your engine. Once you hit a certain amount of boost you are going to need forged internals ect. You are probably going to want bigger Fuel Injectors as well as a toon once you grab a bigger turbo or switch to twin turbo. You basically want to retune after every upgrade except stuff like suspension etc.

Once you hit this point your old stock clutch really is'nt capable of handling the level of horsepower you now have, and if you dont replace it with a staged clutch soon, well you will have to xD. Like someone said earlier you probably want to go with a Stage 3 Clutch if you are going to do what you are saying you are going to do. Also at a point your stock transmission will begin to give out, so once again if you don't upgrade at a ceratin point, your going to have to xD.

Another big upgrade is your throttle body, Bored out throttle bodies allow way more flow of gas into your engine, which tends to dump your fuel economy, but will increase your power for sure, seeing as your not going for fuel economy that doesnt matter much xD.

Another thing people like to do is remove the Cat-back, and the resonator from their exhaust system, which causes you to have a stinky ride, and your car will sometimes belch out a cloud of smoke lol, but it increases exhaust output, thus allowing greater intake, etc.

You'd also be surprised how much upgrades like Tires, Spark plugs, Valve Adjustments, and even normal tune ups like an allignment, or a Fuel System cleaning help. I got new tires, and my control arms readjusted. My car feels brand new, I love it! Also I use Lucasoil Injector Cleaner / Lube with every fill up, the stuff is great. It keeps your car internally running clean. Slotted brakes are great if you are planning to do anything more then just drag, or if you are gonna track your car, you need these once you hit a certain horsepower, otherwise your gonna have some bright red brakes lol. Lightweight strong rims can also increase performance, as well as other things like weight reduction, spoilers etc. Also tuning over to E-85, or tuning for race gas can help as well.

As far as pushing the limits of horsepower I dont have much info on that Idk strap a massive turbo to a built engine, and then put a rocket ontop of the car [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. Good Luck modding if you have any other questions let me know!
Closed Thread