Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-11-2013, 12:46 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Error 1018 - Active character

I can't seem to log in. It is saying i have an active character and i need to wait for it to synchronize. I haven't loaded in at all today exept for now. My wife is playing just fine on her PC, but its giving me issues on mine.

I have even reinstalled Titanium. Deleted the folder with EQEmu in it and redownloaded/patched it. And it's still doing it.

Can someone PLEASE fix this or help me fix it. Or walk me through something that fixes it, or ANYTHING honestly! I need my fix! LOL
Old 01-11-2013, 01:14 PM
Banned

sonuds like you and your wife are sharing the same external IP (IE: using the same internet connection).

This server only allows 1 connection at a time (per IP) to prevent multi-boxing.

In order to play the same time as your wife from same IP, you will need to petition on forums for an IP Exemption
Old 01-11-2013, 01:19 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I have already received an IP Exemption. Went through that before the wife even started her first character.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:52 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Also, some more information. My wife attempted to log into my account on her computer and it still told her Error 1018. She then canceled, backed up, and input her own information and it allowed her to connect to her account. So it is strictly my account that is having the issue.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:04 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

EDIT: 1/12/2013 - Fixed itself yesterday, but today the issue has resurfaced[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Toxicus; 01-12-2013 at 11:16 AM..
Old 01-11-2013, 02:04 PM
Banned

This is my theory but I have no way to confirm... Maybe both accounts need to be exempted, but the exemption was only applied to one?
Old 01-12-2013, 11:15 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Having the problem again this morning. I camped out normally again last night.

My wife wasn't logged in at all this morning. But i am having her log in now, so she can petition a GM to see if anyone can assist in fixing this.

I can connect to Red server. I can connect to other servers on the list also. Just can't connect to the server with all my characters! LOL
Last edited by Toxicus; 01-12-2013 at 11:24 AM..
Old 01-12-2013, 12:34 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamzal Sherbet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe both accounts need to be exempted, but the exemption was only applied to one?

Can any GM's check on this? If you need the acct names I can always post in the petition section again since only Admins have the right to view those threads.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:36 PM
Sarnak

Hey toxicus great to see you are sticking at it and now the wife is playing! Question, have you ever logged in together at the same time? If no bump your IP exemption thread explaining that the exemption isn't working or if it has been moved to reaolved then create a new petition under IP exemption explaining again.

Had a similar issue with my dads account, he doesn't play often but he wanted to farm guk so he put in a petition and it passed but we still couldn't log in so we recreated the thread and then Ephi sorted it for us.

Hope it works out soon and hope I see you ingame soon!
Old 01-12-2013, 02:39 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Hey Urban! Good to see ya bro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Yes both me and the wife have played together. Yesterday we were at Orc 1 for a while. She could randomly log in or out, when i was playing my Druid or my Shaman.

At the moment, i created a 2nd Loginserver account, and am playing on that at the moment. But really want access back on my main account.

My wife can also still play while i am on my 2nd LS acct. (I lied, just tried logging into her acct and it says the IP Is blocked)
Last edited by Toxicus; 01-12-2013 at 02:42 PM..