Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2019, 11:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by galach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It sucks if you are in that top percentile because you will need to get the research materials yourself, but that's part of the deal when you choose a research based class.
Rofl
Old 10-28-2019, 11:37 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by galach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Research pages I believe are linked to different zones. You might want to start asking around and working on getting these spells. It sucks if you are in that top percentile because you will need to get the research materials yourself, but that's part of the deal when you choose a research based class.
Yeah, I definitely seem to get words from specific camps, runes from specific mobs, etc, on blu. I don't think it's entirely 100% random.

Good luck finding a sample size that big tho!

[Famalin Wisdomseed - High Elf Wizard - Quellious - 99 to 01]
Old 10-28-2019, 11:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Research pages I believe are linked to different zones. You might want to start asking around and working on getting these spells. It sucks if you are in that top percentile because you will need to get the research materials yourself, but that's part of the deal when you choose a research based class.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but the other research classes can carry on reasonably well without their research spells, no? A mage without a pet is just pointless.
Old 10-28-2019, 11:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagglebaron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So mages are supposed to level up an entire trade skill, scour the world for materials, many of them completely random drops and rare, just to use their pets.

Verant changed this for a reason, but hey if shits classic shits classic I guess...
Do you have any idea how many pages and words etc are dropping with the amount of people on this server? I'm level 12 and I already have the mats for 3 level 16 research spells just from checking vendors.
Old 10-28-2019, 11:41 PM
Sarnak

I used to always be auctioning for materials for upcoming spells and checking vendors around and near the zones I was leveling up in, aside from some outliers I do not believe it took me too long to hunt them down.
Evilbaa Thesheep
Scoutbaa Thesheep
Stoutbaa Thesheep
<Infernus>
Old 10-28-2019, 11:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you have any idea how many pages and words etc are dropping with the amount of people on this server? I'm level 12 and I already have the mats for 3 level 16 research spells just from checking vendors.
The skill needs to be trained up, which is a Herculean task, and the combines can easily fail. The higher the words the harder they are to get as well. I mean if this was for an extra element or tool of the class like damage shields or something, I’d understand, but for their pets?
Old 10-28-2019, 11:43 PM
Planar Protector

Sounds like quite a quest! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Edit: wait shouldn't you be working out a system to turn a profit out of this??
Old 10-28-2019, 11:48 PM
Large Bat

That’s perfect, I won’t be level 20 for at least 6 months lol
Old 10-28-2019, 11:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like quite a quest! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Edit: wait shouldn't you be working out a system to turn a profit out of this??
Damn you’re right lmao
Old 10-28-2019, 11:59 PM
Kobold

All pets are researched? I thought there was at least one per tier you could buy. Necros have to research some of their lich/pet buff spells too which are slightly important. I know ench/wiz have researched stuff but enchanters are so OP anyway and no one cares about wizards.

Only priests/monks get the full easy-mode.

*Oh yeah.. not sure if this is different since I did it in 2010 on blue but I remember training my research up quite a bit through the guildmaster. I spent over 1k on it but it was worth the hassle. Classic changes might have changed that since then for all I know.
Closed Thread