Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 01-29-2023, 05:09 AM
Aviak

Default Monk epic final fight - help request

Hello all. I've almost completed my monk epic, to my delight, and would love some help with the final fight, if anyone is keen and able please?

Resources:

I'm a 60 guildless monk, and we would probably have my brother (torpor shaman) helping also. We are not raid geared. I've never done the final fights before, but it sounds like a decently geared warrior and a cleric would be the way to go.

I'm camped in Ill Omen and have the Eye of Kaiaren ready to hand in.

Times:

We only have small playing windows unfortunately, and off-peak. From 8:30pm ACDT for a couple of hours (e.g. 1 hour from now), on most days. Could do today or tomorrow.

Background:

I've only ever achieved one epic - druid on live (Karana server). What a moment, and I can't wait to feel the thrill again.

I've mostly soloed this epic, or duo'd with my brother. Thanks very much to Allishia and a couple of her guild mates for helping with Eejag and Gwan a long time ago.

Thank you for reading, and hopefully a time will suit a few people sometime in the next few days / weeks / months.
Old 01-29-2023, 10:48 AM
Planar Protector

I'll help you out on my 60 Rogue. Just PM me when you get a day/time worked out and I'll be there!

So you just need the skeleton named dude in LOIO and you're done? I've helped kill him before and he wasn't too bad! We had like 7 or 8 of us iirc.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 01-29-2023, 05:07 PM
Planar Protector

I’ve low grouped it before. Ideally (IMHO) min spec you want:

2 couple clerics on a 6-second chain (to start, likely 8-10 sec if solid gear and hps).
A knight since the stun will ruin aggro unless the warrior dumps in a lot of clickies
Harmony to split Vorash/Xene from Deep (can harmo on a lowbie and swap back)
Dps

I’d normally be glad to help but can’t make that time. Let us know if you don’t get it squared away. I’m sure you can get a squad! Good luck!
Old 01-30-2023, 06:19 AM
Aviak

Thank you both.

60 Rogue dps most deliciously welcome.
Yes, just need to split/kill Vorash and Xenovorash. (And then I run around handing stuff in - in Trakanon's Teeth.)

Thanks for the tips, particularly re: knight aggro.
Old 01-30-2023, 10:16 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’ve low grouped it before. Ideally (IMHO) min spec you want:

2 couple clerics on a 6-second chain (to start, likely 8-10 sec if solid gear and hps).
A knight since the stun will ruin aggro unless the warrior dumps in a lot of clickies
Harmony to split Vorash/Xene from Deep (can harmo on a lowbie and swap back)
Dps

I’d normally be glad to help but can’t make that time. Let us know if you don’t get it squared away. I’m sure you can get a squad! Good luck!
Just letting you know, knight is not good for xeno. You want defense tank with damage shield potion. The stun is a radius around the mob, if you stay max range you will never get stunned. Have duod with war / cleric and DMG shield potions. Juggling toons ofc for buffs/ harmony.

I'm available almost anytime after 5:30 eastern time Monday - Friday. Ping me on discord /nod
Old 01-30-2023, 11:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allishia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just letting you know, knight is not good for xeno. You want defense tank with damage shield potion. The stun is a radius around the mob, if you stay max range you will never get stunned. Have duod with war / cleric and DMG shield potions. Juggling toons ofc for buffs/ harmony.

I'm available almost anytime after 5:30 eastern time Monday - Friday. Ping me on discord /nod
Yea I’ve tanked it a lot. We have used a normal geared 60 warrior too. Was a real mess, push and repositioning for the aoe. I’ve heard a lot of raid tank warriors mention to use a knight so this isn’t my own biased theory (albeit also not a requirement).

He doesn’t hit hard at all. Glad you can help though.
Last edited by Snaggles; 01-30-2023 at 11:08 AM..
Old 01-30-2023, 11:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allishia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep, can't beat defensive disc and trying to get maxed out DS. The damage you can pump out is nuts.
Old 01-30-2023, 11:39 AM
Sarnak

Good luck, hope you are able to find people able to login at 5am! (est)
Old 01-30-2023, 11:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyman1022 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good luck, hope you are able to find people able to login at 5am! (est)
Wow. I didnt do the math and just squinted and assumed central time.

OP, you might give people the time in central/eastern USA. I know that is annoying but I dont know what time it is in Australia right now and can barely do the time zone math for the other side of this country [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-30-2023, 11:53 AM
Fire Giant

Wow didn't realize time, I could do maybe 6 am eastern time on a Saturday morning lol, not waking up at 5 =P