Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 03-14-2021, 12:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2.5 semesters till board exam. I am trying! Thank you.

Mag, that lead me down an interesting rabbit hole. So with a profession like nursing, and engineering, too, you have to factor in gender. Nursing is something like 95% female. So there's a huge increase of suicide rate for male nurses. Think it was around 3x higher than average with a preference for firearms (you see this with men in general.) Nationally, the suicide rate for females is around 7-8 per 100k. With female nurses its just under 12 with a preference for overdose (although use of firearms is going up.) That's another huge increase. Factor in access to and education on drugs, and the lethality rate for drug overdose skyrockets with this population.

Something incredibly unfortunate with nursing as a profession is that they hold themselves to a higher, double standard in regards to mental illness. There's a culture of non-disclosure and seeking help is heavily stigmatized. If I'm licensed and check myself into an inpatient facility and they find out I'm a nurse, they have a duty to report me to my state's Board of Nursing. I'll be investigated and probably put on probation, suspension, or have my license revoked for being a danger to myself or others. Couple this with incredible stress and emotional toll the profession takes (30% of new grads leave the profession in 2 years), is it any wonder nurses are at a higher risk of suicide? Shit needs to change in the field and it's something I want to help advocate for when I get in.
Wow, yeah. I totally agree.

Also males get crushed harder before the social safety net kicks in. Plus the stigma of being dependent or seeking help in general for males. Also medically and legally speaking, and by the police, males are considered more of a threat, liability. Especially if they cope with drugs or their health declines. While females have more intrinsic sexual value towards a lot of doctors and male providers.

I'm always super nice to males on the down and out and in psych wards, it always surprises them. Because man. Being a 300lb male the medical system has pegged you as bipolar and pumped full of stupid meds while feeding you sugary recycled oil paste is a fucking death sentence.

Obviously my radar is super alert to dangerous charisma and people becoming attached, like I'm not giving bros my number, but I give shit and hear them out without prejudice and crap.

Toxic masculinity is real and the worst part of sexism and mistreatment for males, once they are no longer good soldiers or labor animals it's GG capitalist nazi medicine bye-bye.

R.i.p. Kaveh praying for you that your children love you and don't abandon you for a hot piece of ass or new car.
Old 03-14-2021, 12:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disease [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Jesus quit alcohol and cut your nails dude.
Yah do something bout them nails plz. I can't stand mine right now. Just file em every few days.
Old 03-14-2021, 12:36 PM
Planar Protector

Managed some self care and grooming today and spread some wokeness around for the love of humanity and God and all those poor motherfuckers worse off then me.
Old 03-14-2021, 04:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yah do something bout them nails plz. I can't stand mine right now. Just file em every few days.
File them down? Just get a pair of them scissors.
Old 03-14-2021, 10:02 PM
Planar Protector

I just got an idea for a brilliant invention that is gonna make me a millionaire lol.
Old 03-14-2021, 10:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just got an idea for a brilliant invention that is gonna make me a millionaire lol.
Underwater electric air fryer? Sorry but the idea is taken!
Old 03-15-2021, 10:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Underwater electric air fryer? Sorry but the idea is taken!
Even better but I can't tell u or you would steal it.

---

Actually got some good rest last night and some personal journalling has me on a little emotionally happy contented peaceful hill.
Old 03-15-2021, 01:24 PM
Planar Protector

Finally starting to get some decent weather, sunny yesterday and the high broke 50 for awhile. Pulled the Coupe de Ville out of the garage, cleaned it off, went out cruising with the wife snuggled up in the middle next to me. Will be nicer once there are leaves on the trees but man do I hate winter and I'm glad it seems gone. February was pretty cold and snowy. Hope old man winter stays gone for the year, he's worn out his welcome.

Danth
Old 03-15-2021, 04:27 PM
Planar Protector

I made a fun soup outa colards, fake salsa, and Cholula Hot Sauce and some tortilla chip: )
Old 03-18-2021, 12:25 AM
Sarnak

My wife made both a pound cake and a cheese cake today. Life is goood.