Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 12-30-2021, 03:04 AM
Fire Giant

Logged my 100th dive and was greeted by a family of bottlenose dolphins to congratulate me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg E1F8127C-5CE6-4C86-B0D2-F03D2423B5AC.jpg (22.4 KB, 3 views)
Old 12-30-2021, 07:47 AM
Orc

Morning coffee feels good, and looked at the weather which is gonna be 20 degrees above normal for January. Today's my last day waging in the office and then a nice 3 day break. Gonna have some enjoyable EQ time inside a warm cozy house and sleep as much as I need.
Old 01-01-2022, 01:08 AM
Fire Giant

Made it to Giza just in time to watch the pyramid light show from our hotel roof. Not a bad view for ringing in the New Year.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 335192C2-3D67-41CD-8D78-82CAA9D7D684.jpg (22.7 KB, 2 views)
Old 01-01-2022, 01:56 AM
Fire Giant

Had a great New Year's Eve with the fam!
Old 01-01-2022, 01:58 AM
Banned

Got a commission!
Old 01-02-2022, 03:44 PM
Fire Giant

I farted INSIDE an ancient Egyptian pyramid. The Red Pyramid of Dashure to be exact. Built in 2500 BC, my gas is now one with the ancient granite. It echoed quite nicely, but the two girls I was with were not impressed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-02-2022, 03:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostalgiaquest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I farted INSIDE an ancient Egyptian pyramid. The Red Pyramid of Dashure to be exact. Built in 2500 BC, my gas is now one with the ancient granite. It echoed quite nicely, but the two girls I was with were not impressed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
currently happening all over the universe:

Last edited by Jibartik; 01-02-2022 at 03:55 PM..
Old 01-02-2022, 05:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostalgiaquest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure if John Anthony West could match this level of ancient Egyptian culture experience. Make sure to wipe a booger on the big dog statue.
Old 01-02-2022, 05:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure if John Anthony West could match this level of ancient Egyptian culture experience. Make sure to wipe a booger on the big dog statue.
At least he didn’t shit in public like Chinese tourists sometimes have their kids do. Not trying to be racist, I actually heard this from a die-hard progressive cousin who travels a lot
Old 01-03-2022, 02:30 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At least he didn’t shit in public like Chinese tourists sometimes have their kids do. Not trying to be racist, I actually heard this from a die-hard progressive cousin who travels a lot
Can confirm. I’d like to think I travel a lot, and Chinese tourists are definitely the worst overall. Sure there are plenty of good ones, but the bad ones are atrocious. I spent 5 years living in Japan and the contrast of civilized Japanese society and oblivious Chinese tourist was staggering. No respect for anything. They jump over barriers, throw trash and spit on the ground in temples, and have zero awareness of other people. I spent a winter working at a ski rental shop in Myoko and every time a big Chinese family came in it was like “aww here it goes”. Once I was enjoying a natural hot spring onsen after a day of skiing, and this kid comes in, stands next to the bath, and just starts peeing right into it. I yelled at him, and then got into this whole kurfuffel with his dad about what a shit head he was. All while naked lol.

In the Netherlands it’s always the big ass bus full of Chinese tourists that trample all the tulips fields. It’s gotten so bad that farmers now block of their fields for entry cuz they’re tired of it.

Even now I’m finishing up a few weeks here in Egypt and it’s been more of the same. I wait patiently for my turn to photograph something, in an obvious unofficial queue for the photo spot, and here comes Mr China with his fuckin iPad on a stick who blasts in front of everyone and proceeds to take 20 terribly framed photos. And then sits there inspecting all of his photos instead of getting the fuck out of the way for everyone else. I’ve learned that if you just “hey move” that they will, but one of my big pet peeves is lack of situational awareness, and they got that in spades.

I sympathize a bit, because a lot of these families are first generation travelers who come from poor backgrounds, so they just don’t get it. And if the times I’ve had to transfer through Chinese airports is any indication for the rest of the country, the whole place is a giant shit show. But my sympathy only goes so far.

I’ve often said to myself “man I ain’t racist, but these Chinese sure want me to be”