Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2017, 03:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3r14k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How long does it take (roughly) to obtain one Soulfire
I have done one from start to finish in about 50 minutes, that was my record.

Keep in mind I already had faction, and spider sacs and such banked. Besides that the quest is not hard at all. Also being a Druid (master class) helps.

The main time sink is getting the faction, but that is a one time thing. Once that is done it’s smooth sailing.
Old 12-15-2017, 03:57 PM
Banned

Takes a few hrs in my experience. Xicotl alone can take 2-3 hrs if you're unlucky. It's faster if you have a lucan timer ofc, but you may have to show up an hr early to claim camp.

The rest is pretty fast by compare.
Old 12-15-2017, 04:19 PM
Planar Protector

WTB Soulfire / Reaper / Mallet custom content nerf and restore 'intended classic experience' to P99!
Old 12-15-2017, 04:21 PM
Planar Protector

Tykar delenda est.
Old 12-16-2017, 01:41 AM
Planar Protector

Pet rule doesnt apply here, use to tag along with whatever that guild was who would load in 50+ mages to kill eye of veeshan during kunark era.
Old 12-16-2017, 04:48 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WTB Soulfire / Reaper / Mallet custom content nerf and restore 'intended classic experience' to P99!
Yes, that would totally fix everything and bring back classic EverQuest.
Old 12-16-2017, 10:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On P99 expect about 5-6 minute duration fights and expect guilds to try to operate on a 1second chain. This assumes in the ballpark of 300-360 complete heals across two defensive tanks. But I would also add another 20-50 Reaper/SoulFire charges into this calculation as that's the amount I typically assume get burned on an AoW fight on this server done by A/A.

The benefit of the SoulFire and Reaper is the instant cast of course. There are periods of sometimes 5-6 seconds where the tank gets lucky on Parry/Dodge/Riposte/Miss rolls and the DI rolls are towards the lower end, and you don't necessarily need a CH.

Another thing to consider is will Clerics be using Divine Intervention? Now granted, DI I don't think functions properly on P99, but it still has quite an effective role to play in such a fight.

I would wager you would need probably around 300-350 SoulFire charges which breaks down to 60-70 full SoulFires.

In regards to AoW I think a much more interesting question is what does that fight look like without any instant clicky CH or Aggro clickies. The fight is trivialized when you can snap save a tank instantly with a CH and when you can snap transfer aggro between two tanks or onto a monk with Voidance running. Having to suffer with the multiple DPS dead and tanks dead after an untimely tank death as the rotation switches targets isn't nearly as penalizing on P99 because of the widespread instant click aggro usage.
The fight is trivialized when you can just kite him in a circle dragging a corpse on the TLPs...
Old 12-17-2017, 09:35 AM
Planar Protector

seriously? Lol, people are wack.
Old 12-17-2017, 10:08 AM
Planar Protector

a better question would be how many years is it gonna take for two neckbeard guilds to stop locking out/denying everyone else from top end velious content. I know i know your 12th alt needs vulak gear though. Lust for the precious pixels.
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 12-17-2017, 11:03 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
a better question would be how many years is it gonna take for two neckbeard guilds to stop locking out/denying everyone else from top end velious content. I know i know your 12th alt needs vulak gear though. Lust for the precious pixels.
Paradigm Shift was involved in the last two AoW kills. One with Awakened and one with CSG. No one is being "locked out" of content.
Closed Thread