Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2018, 10:54 PM
Planar Protector

Put up or shut up liar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 10-23-2018, 10:54 PM
Planar Protector

I knew a player who made an Iksar SK specifically for Greenmist. That was in 2013. Make a character with future content in mind is something you do at your own risk.

Usually when people talk about DPS, they're talking about sustainable DPS over a fairly long period, not bursts over a relative handful of seconds when the RNG happens to grant you numerous high hits in a row.

Danth
Old 10-23-2018, 11:04 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I
Usually when people talk about DPS, they're talking about sustainable DPS over a fairly long period, not bursts over a relative handful of seconds when the RNG happens to grant you numerous high hits in a row.
For sure. I'd say that on most fights the dps of the spear is around 80. I do get the rare rng blessings that put me over 100 though, no matter how sad that might make Draconite.
I don't think it takes much math to determine that it's well within the range of rng possibility.
Old 10-23-2018, 11:11 PM
Planar Protector

Sounds about right to me, using 2H in general tends to be streak-prone. Even duo in western wastes, kill rate (paired with the wife's shaman) can vary by a couple minutes simply due to the whims of the RNG.

Are you using that lance out of preference, or because Lady M refuses to drop Frostwrath more than once in a blue moon? I'd expect more consistent performance with the 1H, albeit with a lower potential maximum.

Danth
Old 10-23-2018, 11:22 PM
Kobold

I have found 3 situations where the spear can be a big help; that's camps like sebilis crypt/emp, duels when the person has ring ds on, and laid back raids like HoT when there's plenty of monks to do the pulling and no green drake around. If we are doing one of those AE wurms, I can stay in the whole fight without any outside heals by blasting lifetaps and letting that spear off between casts. It's a fun toy but its delay and skill cap will really set me back if I'm using it in the wrong situation. I always hope that there is enough for me to do that I should not have it out.
Last edited by 24kanthony; 10-23-2018 at 11:24 PM..
Old 10-23-2018, 11:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So is it worth it to make a iksar sk only because of greenmist? I really have no desire to make a iksar besides that (regent is bonus points)
Human sk there, selling a full lord of pain MQ for 50k...just saying, lol
Old 10-24-2018, 12:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24kanthony [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For sure. I'd say that on most fights the dps of the spear is around 80. I do get the rare rng blessings that put me over 100 though, no matter how sad that might make Draconite.
I don't think it takes much math to determine that it's well within the range of rng possibility.
Glad you backed down on your 120 boast. You probably barely get 80, and epic is probably more like 55 on average.

The nerd that sits down at his computer and says 'I'm going to get a bunch of DPS stuff for my SK because that's cool and useful' is deluded. Getting Sevelak spear is fine and cool, but a Nev claw? Seriously?

My original point before you started boasting about your spear and we got on this tangent is that SK dps isn't an important part of the class, so just don't worry about it. Focus on important things for SHADOWKNIGHTS like HP, Mana, resists, good proc's or clickies. So, OP the epic is great, it exceeds everything out there for your class (exept dps [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 10-24-2018, 06:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I parse most groups I’m in and have for a long time now. At the higher end of content, ranging from 57-60 and including very nice samplings across the board (high end tradables, epics, low raid and NToV/BiS ... I can say one thing:

Many high end players playing high dps classes overrate their own damage output. Average high end rogues may burst or disc/luck out some insane numbers but in general I expect a ballpark of 80-120 dps sustained depending on gear with standard group buffs. Monks? 70-90? Rangers? Less. Warriors? Not that far behind. People with raid BiS or lazy and crappliy geared blokes can always break this molds but it’s what I’ve come to expect.

Where I’m going with is I’ve also parsed well geared SKs and Pals and they, though measurably lower, aren’t as god awful as people think they are. A paladin with the 27/29 hate 1hs can put out a consistent 50-60dps. It’s less than warriors but not by as much as you might think under realistic fighting conditions. NToV weapons yield better results.

People like to strut raid burn parses fully buffed to the gills and burning discs, but 99% of new play doesn’t have avatar, CotP, trueshot, precision, etc_and_so_on in the equation.

Knight dps is anything but non-contributory unless your gear, buffs and weapons suck. Ratio does matter and dps is dps. Well geared knights can put out respectable numbers for an archetype that is expected to suck.
Very few monks can out dps my ranger actually.. Cute assumption though [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-24-2018, 08:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaeophi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Very few monks can out dps my ranger actually.. Cute assumption though [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Very few comparably geared rangers will beat comparably geared monks (BFG trueshot raid burns notwithstanding).

Sorry if I sprained your e-peen. Injuries of the gentleman’s sausage are super cereal and not a joking matter. My humblest of apologies.

Sincerely,

Troxx Tomte, Esquire
Chief Ninja
Lord and Master of the Universe
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 10-24-2018, 08:17 AM
Planar Protector

Wow some sensitive sks in here seriously inflating their dps peens
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Closed Thread