Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2018, 09:26 AM
Planar Protector

To put that dagger in perspective, the best possible weapon combination you could have as a rogue on p99 prior to Kunark was:

Primary: vexthorne (9/19) swapping out with Efreeti War Spear (15/40) for backstabs

Secondary: bone razor (10/22)

it was impossible to obtain Thornstinger from Sky due to the Bloodsky Sapphire being missing from Eye of veeshans loot table.

A 12/22 dagger was godly
Last edited by azeth; 10-21-2018 at 09:38 AM..
Old 10-21-2018, 10:46 AM
Aviak

I don't think Skull Fanged Stiletto was available pre-kunark. General V'Ghera was only added from Kunark for the epic. I think it is the same for Stanos. From what I read, this quest was removed on live due to it interfering with rogue epic, although the mask quest was not.

Also, I don't think Mayong Mistmoore was ever killed, the dagger was most likely just given during the event, and probably after Kunark launch.

Also, Thornstinger (12/19) is post upgrade PoS reward. Although it happened quite early on P99, pre-Velious, I'm pretty sure PoS upgrade happened sometime during Velious on live to keep the rewards in line with the difficulty, pre-upgrade was Ebonsting (11/20), same for monk fist (16/27 vs 16/22)

I don't remember Mayong Mistmoore event ever happening during Velious, or after, on live
Old 10-21-2018, 11:18 AM
Fire Giant

I would vote for an event in Oasis similar to PoF opening back in the day (I don't remember a ton of the detail because I was like, 13). That was a fun evening.
Old 10-21-2018, 12:17 PM
Orc

I think having certain things going on in Unrest and Mistmoore, where a lot of your new players are frequently at would be cool.

Now, this is classic, but this is also a thought: anyone remember in live when lower/mid zones were plagued with raising dead? HUGE ass skeletons the size of giants? That would be cool, but would probably require some front end/back end work.

Anyway, I'd be happy with +exp buff, and a maybe some interaction with the GM's. Sirken's stream is always nice. He keeps talking about this pizza place from Chicago that I can literally visualize at this point.
Old 10-21-2018, 12:41 PM
Kobold

I remember that event, qeynos hills was so scary as a lower level! I had just switched to Sullon Zek a little bit before, and I think I was in my teens or 20's as a ranger (Toomuch), with it being my highest level character ever at that point. I remember pulling up track to see what was up in some zones, and just absolutely being terrified, but still wanting to stay there and try to kill things in the off chance I got something usable with any kind of stats, lol
Old 10-21-2018, 12:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy0818 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think Skull Fanged Stiletto was available pre-kunark. General V'Ghera was only added from Kunark for the epic. I think it is the same for Stanos. From what I read, this quest was removed on live due to it interfering with rogue epic, although the mask quest was not.

Also, I don't think Mayong Mistmoore was ever killed, the dagger was most likely just given during the event, and probably after Kunark launch.

Also, Thornstinger (12/19) is post upgrade PoS reward. Although it happened quite early on P99, pre-Velious, I'm pretty sure PoS upgrade happened sometime during Velious on live to keep the rewards in line with the difficulty, pre-upgrade was Ebonsting (11/20), same for monk fist (16/27 vs 16/22)

I don't remember Mayong Mistmoore event ever happening during Velious, or after, on live
mayong event occurred on p99, and Otto got the dagger. And yes I meant Ebonsting. Ebonsting did not exist on p99 because they forgot to itemize the bloodsky sapphire. I raided eov for about 3 months in vain. It was patched in well after kunark premiered.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...odsky+sapphire
Last edited by azeth; 10-21-2018 at 01:10 PM..
Old 10-21-2018, 01:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
mayong event occurred on p99, and Otto got the dagger. And yes I meant Ebonsting. Ebonsting did not exist on p99 because they forgot to itemize the bloodsky sapphire. I raided eov for about 3 months in vain. It was patched in well after kunark premiered.

Wow, patch notes just gave me a sense of nostalgia!
Old 10-22-2018, 12:02 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Yea, even on P99, Mayong event happened during Kunark only right? Not pre or post Kunark, was he killed on P99?

Also, if you happen to know can I confirm if PoS upgrade happened on P99 during Kunark while it actually happened during Velious on live?
Old 10-22-2018, 06:11 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now, this is classic, but this is also a thought: anyone remember in live when lower/mid zones were plagued with raising dead? HUGE ass skeletons the size of giants? That would be cool, but would probably require some front end/back end work.
I think this event was in 2005 although my memory might be off. I still have a 2HB weapon on a random alt on live from this event. Called vampire something. Cool event thanks for reminding me
Old 10-22-2018, 06:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy0818 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea, even on P99, Mayong event happened during Kunark only right? Not pre or post Kunark, was he killed on P99?

Also, if you happen to know can I confirm if PoS upgrade happened on P99 during Kunark while it actually happened during Velious on live?
The Mayong event occurred in 2009, pre-Kunark. Mayong was indeed killed, not like GM-despawned. He was an NPC that was killed.

The Thornstinger upgrade, and the PoS upgrades did occur pre-Velious. Slayde was the first to upgrade his Ebonsting.
Closed Thread