Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2017, 01:02 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by username17 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I use GamParse a ton. Thanks for the awesome tool. But last time I tried the new version it crashed. Using 1.0.3 works fine for P99.
Not really.

Not even counting the new things I added such as the faction and random tabs, I can guarantee there are certain damage messages that aren't parsed properly in 1.0.3.

Then you have the tanking tab which is completely wrong to the point of being useless.

Newer versions also parse much, much faster.

I'm mean, if you're happy with that, I can't make you update. Just be aware it's not completely correct.

If you are having an issue with the current version, show me the error message and I might be able to help.
Last edited by GamParse; 11-22-2017 at 01:06 PM..
Old 11-22-2017, 02:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamParse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If you have any other questions or concerns, just ask or email me.
While you're here, do you have any suggestions to have GamParse parse every fight with a charmed pet where the pet is doing 100% of the damage? Someone suggested doing /pet leader before each fight and I thought it was working at first, but it turns out it wasn't. It seems like GamParse will recognize the first fight after a fresh charm, fights where the pet is DS'd or casts spells, and maybe a few others but it's hit or miss for me. Am I just doing something wrong?

Great program though, very useful for keeping track of a lot of stuff.
Old 11-22-2017, 07:04 PM
Banned

Nice to see Dev support for p99.
Old 11-23-2017, 12:43 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While you're here, do you have any suggestions to have GamParse parse every fight with a charmed pet where the pet is doing 100% of the damage? Someone suggested doing /pet leader before each fight and I thought it was working at first, but it turns out it wasn't. It seems like GamParse will recognize the first fight after a fresh charm, fights where the pet is DS'd or casts spells, and maybe a few others but it's hit or miss for me. Am I just doing something wrong?

Great program though, very useful for keeping track of a lot of stuff.
So, pets and charm pets come with some inherent problems.

Specifically, summoned pets can have the same name (rarely) and charmed pets can have the same name as NPCs.

Both of these situations cause problems because it is impossible to differentiate between them based on the output in the log files. One "a rat" looks exactly the same as a second "a rat." If the hidden values on the end were displayed ("a_rat_00" and "a_rat_01") they would be unique entities and not a problem.

By design, players are not supposed to show up in the fight list (sorry PvPers). So, in the situation where a charm pet has the same name as an NPC, GamParse will interpret this as the "pet" attacking it's master (or itself) and ignore the damage.

If this is NOT the case, such as you charmed "a frog" and used it to attack "a bat" that fight should show the frog as your pet and display the fight as "<player> + pets vs a bat"

If this is not happening then there is a problem.

Also keep in mind that once a pet is linked to a player it can't be unlinked. So if you charm "a frog" then that pet dies, gamparse will still associate "a frog" as your pet until you restart. If you restart and start monitoring fresh, "a frog" will no longer be associated with you. However, if you restart but load your whole log, it will once again associate "a frog" as your pet.

So in short: If you charm a pet, it won't parse if you attack mobs with the same name. If you attack different mobs it should parse normally.

Unrelated note: The timeout period on these forums is ass. By the time I finished writing this post it had already logged me out.
Old 11-23-2017, 12:55 AM
Planar Protector

Don't forget to set the "Discard if less than" value down to something more reasonable like "1". I think the default is in the thousands, so nothing on p99 will show up until you change this.
Old 11-23-2017, 01:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamParse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So in short: If you charm a pet, it won't parse if you attack mobs with the same name. If you attack different mobs it should parse normally.
Nah it wasn't just with mobs with the same name. For example using A Sepulcher Skeleton trash mob as a pet I had to DS it to get it to parse against named mobs.

I didn't know about the recognizing 1 pet without restarting. I usually keep the same pet for a while, that was probably the problem though I will have to mess with it some tomorrow. Does the /pet leader do anything to force Gamparse to recognize a new pet, it seems like it doesn't make any difference but just making sure. Also, if I switched pets would changing the "defualt pet" in settings to the mob name make any difference or is the restart always required?

Sorry for all the questions, have been wondering about this for a while. Thanks a lot for the answer much appreciated.
Last edited by Triiz; 11-23-2017 at 01:50 PM..
Old 11-23-2017, 04:10 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Recap: Third Party app dev f/pirate version of 20 yr old game fistfights w/community he didn't know existed until phantom error reports started showing up
Old 11-24-2017, 03:54 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrocat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't forget to set the "Discard if less than" value down to something more reasonable like "1". I think the default is in the thousands, so nothing on p99 will show up until you change this.
You could set it to 1, but I might recommend it be a little higher than that. Maybe 100-500 or maybe a little more if you're playing on a server with higher expansions.

The whole point of that setting is to allow it to ignore stuff like mass-killing grey (or green) con mobs that can clutter it up. If you really want to parse 1,000 kills of level 5 trash mobs in Crushbone when you're level 60 more power to you. I generally don't want to.
Old 11-24-2017, 04:18 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah it wasn't just with mobs with the same name. For example using A Sepulcher Skeleton trash mob as a pet I had to DS it to get it to parse against named mobs.
Was the pet linked to you when you started attacking?

The reason is this matters. GamParse is basically built around the "fight" construct. The fight begins the first time a Player does or receives damage from an NPC. It ends when it parses a "slain" message, or at the time index of the last damage if there is no damage detected for the Timeout period (default 30 seconds).

If a player doesn't do damage, or take damage, the fight will not start. That is, if you debuff a mob, root/snare it, or take any other non-damaging action, it will not consider the fight to have started yet.

So if you have a pet that is not linked to anyone, it will read as 1 NPC fighting another NPC. Since there is no player doing damage, it will also consider it to not be a real fight.

When you link a pet to a player, it takes the player from the Player List, and the pet from the Pet List and combines them together into a Combined List. It will then retroactively go through the fights and reparse them with the combined damage.

However, if the player did no damage like I mentioned above, then there is NO fight for it to reparse as it never created it in the first place.

Quote:
Does the /pet leader do anything to force Gamparse to recognize a new pet, it seems like it doesn't make any difference but just making sure.
The /pet leader command is the main way in which GamParse identifies and links a pet to a player. It is always good practice to use it when a pet is summoned or when you first start the parser. It won't do anything if a pet is already linked, but it won't hurt anything either.

Quote:
Also, if I switched pets would changing the "defualt pet" in settings to the mob name make any difference or is the restart always required?
The default pet simply performs a link between that pet name and the default player when the parser starts. This was added after they allowed players on Live servers to give their pets a permanent name. It isn't really intended to be used for temporary pets though it should still work.

As I mentioned before, GamParse stores a list of pet *names*, but it does NOT store links between pets and their owners. So if you parse a complete file it will see the /pet leader commands in the log and link them so you don't have to manually, but if you start it in monitor mode without reloading the file there will be no pets linked (outside of the default one) until someone does a /pet leader.
Old 11-24-2017, 04:21 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhucknasty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Recap: Third Party app dev f/pirate version of 20 yr old game fistfights w/community he didn't know existed until phantom error reports started showing up
I knew you existed. I just didn't care until it became annoying for me / a cease fire agreement was made with Daybreak.
Closed Thread