Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-29-2015, 08:50 AM
Kobold

Just recently tried the patcher, opened a CMD box for a split second, then closed (disabled my anti-virus just to be sure).

My half-elf helmets and human helmets still have a solid visor. Any suggestions?
Old 01-30-2015, 07:49 PM
Large Bat

Having some interesting issues- The original post's patch didn't change anything immediately noticeable- My barb's horns were still black-splotched, and feet were black. Went to Danyelle's patcher, and the exe seemed smoother (had some errors with the OP's patch, but it scrolled by too quickly), with no errors, and at first blush it fixed my feet being black (yay!) but my barb's horns are still black-splotched.
Old 02-02-2015, 12:50 PM
Fire Giant

Live made an update to model loading, putting every Classic-GoD model into it's own standalone file which has repaired all of this on the npc model side (zone texture transparency issues isn't a problem on Live, or on here for that matter, with the 'HD Luclin' texture packs so they didn't fix that because on Live it isn't a problem, so Classic textures for zones on P99 will still require this patcher). No more black spots, transparency issues, etc on any models. Using them to fix the issue would require you to get the new files from a Live install for every 'problem race' (evil eyes, eye of zomm, giants, player races, merchants, wasps, fae drakes, drakes, etc etc) then add the new file to gloabal loads or (at the expense of being more complicated and time consuming but making it easier on your pc in the long run) to zone_chr files for loading to overwrite the 'compilation' of zone races and thus load the repaired models. These patches also fixed several issues unrelated to black splotches such as drakes holding weapons in their mouths, iksar skeletons holding their offhand backwards and scarecrows holding their offhand at a sideways angle.

I won't make promises I can't keep as I may or may not get around to it (I'm still 'working' on making an installer for Luclin model mod) but I will see about getting an installer of sorts in that can patch in all the new files for races with graphical errors and change text files to load them with the click of a button. I for sure won't be doing a manual patch guide on this as it'd require editing multiple text files for multiple zones per race by hand. People already struggle with just GlobalLoad for Luclin models, fuck that :P

I'll see what I can do but if anyone wants to jump ahead and do this before me, be my guest. I can provide a list of the races with graphical errors and the names of the new files you'd have to pluck from a Live install and even the zones they're loaded in so you can set up file edits for an installer.
Old 02-17-2015, 06:32 AM
Kobold

Does this fix the Sand giant black star on their head? I know i seen this somewhere in the forum but i cant seem to find it again? I just did a fresh install on a new comp and i hate the black star on the sand giant head!!!!
Old 02-20-2015, 03:35 PM
Fire Giant

Does anyone know how to undo this texture patch?

It fixed some textures and messed other ones up.
Old 03-07-2015, 07:50 PM
Aviak

Having an issue where all world terrain textures appear grey.
Old 03-07-2015, 08:27 PM
Aviak

Default ....

Download http://www.project1999.com/files/tra...ncypatcher.zip
Extract patch_s3d_textures.bat and transpfx.exe into your \Everquest folder
Run patch_s3d_textures.bat file
Wait for it to finish
Restart your Everquest client
Enjoy

After the above step, my client crash at character screen.....
Now I have to reinstall my client again
Old 03-09-2015, 04:42 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawing168 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Download http://www.project1999.com/files/tra...ncypatcher.zip
Extract patch_s3d_textures.bat and transpfx.exe into your \Everquest folder
Run patch_s3d_textures.bat file
Wait for it to finish
Restart your Everquest client
Enjoy

After the above step, my client crash at character screen.....
Now I have to reinstall my client again
I did all that, everything is still grey.
Old 04-30-2015, 07:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Open a command prompt and run it from there.
Tried this years ago with no luck and resigned to blind rangers and black eyeballs... this turned out to be the magic elixir.

Bless you, kind and learned sir!
Old 06-09-2015, 02:58 AM
Kobold

The patcher has run, then I "hit any key to close" the cmd, I reboot EQ, and it still doesn't work, any advise would be grand. I do have the high res textures loaded though.

Thanks