Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2018, 08:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Congrations, Detoxx!
Proud of your emulated success.

I don’t even have words
Old 11-14-2018, 08:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thirsty
???

I'm just saying I think Aapha and I should and he could my and I could his.
Old 11-14-2018, 08:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm just saying I think Aapha and I should duo and he could buff my character and I could buff his character.
Danth
Old 11-14-2018, 09:21 AM
Banned

Fraps or didn’t happen
Old 11-18-2018, 09:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's 4x per kill sure, but we pay 400 DKP for a guild bot whereas Tempest pays 5500 DKP - almost 14x as much - and we all know that's the real way the top earners are making their DKP.

You have to attend 275 successful kills to make the same DKP as leveling one bot.

At an optimistic 10 kills per cycle, that's 27 cycles (~6 months) that average Joe Raider needs to maintain 100% raid attendance, just to equal the same DKP someone can make running in circles in Dragon Necropolis for a few days.

How can you compete with that whilst maintaining life as a mentally healthy adult?

I'm not sure what these claims are referring to?

Here is our DKP system:
  • Most kills net you 5 DKP.
  • Failed kills net you 2 DKP.
  • We pay so little DKP for guild bots nobody can be bothered to level them.

For the audience watching the mudslinging from both sides, here's how it works in Aftermath:

The majority of our members sit somewhere around 25% raid attendance and will earn in the region of 200-400 DKP per month. These are people that never track targets, they do not stare at walls for 16 hours a day, they do not sit on a COTH mage watching to respond to a screen flicker. The raid when they want to, or they group, XP or go outside when they don't want to raid. They just want to experience the high end content and have a fair chance at some godly loot.

Here's a small selection of items that have all gone for 100-300 DKP in the past few months:
Within one month of casual raiding with Aftermath you will have earned enough for one or more items like that.

Since May, we have had 2,063 items drop that have been bid via DKP, of which approximately 80% were won for 300 DKP or less. In fact half went for less than 100 DKP.

We have around 150 active members, meaning that's an average of ~14 items each. Yes we have a lot of mouths to feed...but we feed them. Our average attendance per raid is ~50, depending on the time/day/target.

What does that mean? In Aftermath, you can be winning your own BIS loot with just a couple of weeks of casual raiding.

Yes, those ultra rare items like Gharn's Rock of Smashing or Sal`Varae`s Robe of Darkness go for a lot of DKP, but they are the drops some people prioritise and save all of their DKP for. The difference with Aftermath is those people don't hoard all of the loot from their guildmates in the process, and they don't disband once they've earned it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

We are also the only guild that regularly contests all high-tier raid targets across all zones. We go for ToV, we go for city leaders, we go for Gods, we go for Veeshan's Peak, we go Sleeper's Tomb golems and -yes- we go for the occasional Trakanon.

As a result of this we have a reputation for being ruthless when we raid. We mobilise quickly, we jump past other guilds and we will snipe kills.

One thing that we always strive to do is play fair.
  • We do not intentionally aggro Aary guards and consistently train them on our oppositions pullers at Eashen to kill their secondaries and secure mobs. We do not do this to such an extent that five different pullers have been caught on five separate occasions on five different targets.
  • We do not use raid interference tactics such as opening trades to block click-fest turn-ins for FTE.
  • We do not have people dumping so much aggro into the opposition mobs that they are summoned to that mob above their own DPS when that mob is at 60%.
  • We do not unilaterally end player agreements and claim they were ended two months previously, despite adhering to them for every cycle in the interim. Nor do we abort a pull of their rotated target and have our raid force immediately log out when the that guild logs in to record what is happening.
  • We do not drop mod rods near AFK players at zone lines so we can claim raid interference.
  • We do not wipe to Zlexak in the entrance of ToV, train an opposing guild and kill half of them, then claim that it was a "clean disengage" and we were not at fault.
  • We do not get another guild's COTH mage killed by one of our pulls, refuse to rez them, then leave our mage logged in to block their attempts to rez themselves despite there being no other targets in window. And if our mage were to get unintentionally killed by them during their recovery, we would not keep it a secret and file a petition a week later to have that person eat a 30 day suspension.
  • We do not carefully filter fraps through officers before releasing select clips or edits to the wider members to paint a desired narrative.
  • We do not censor members who wish to talk to friends in other guilds, or have friendly banter with opposing pull teams, or who wish to waste their lives on RnF. We do not let the "big names" get away with things regular members couldn't.

Sometimes though, we do get it wrong. Occasionally they let me lead raids and we will wipe. We train other guilds. We drag mobs over people when mobilising.

In those cases we try to make it right.

We concede a target as soon as it's clear we were at fault: we don't wait for opposition to pull it in cleanly, debuffed, slowed and stable in camp before conceding. In some cases - such as in Plane of Fear - we typically concede the entire zone, even if were were just worried we'd got an opposing guild's camp AoEd by a golem.

We offer to rez and buff anyone we got killed. We don't just click up a cleric and move out - we click up as many corpses as needed, and will stay back to buff up the rezzed instead of mobilising on a new target.

And finally, whilst the raid scene can be toxic and inter-guild rivalries bitter, we have good relationships and friends in other guilds. Paradigm Shift will sometimes let me train them in HoT. Azure Guard will let me tease them for being roleplaying in Sleeper's Tomb. The Second Sons will let me tank Vindi for 10%. Dawn Believers still won't let me into their Discord.

Away from the raiding you'll find Aftermath can be a friendly place. We have some of the most knowledgeable people in the game willing to teach you everything they know. We have guild groups going at all levels and we regularly do epic fights.

Have any questions about Aftermath, our DKP system, or our application process? PM me on here, send me a tell in game (Monrezz), or...apply today! aftermath99.org.
Congrats
Closed Thread