Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2014, 06:14 PM
Planar Protector

Default What good is classic Treeform?

What good is classic Treeform? Im currently using Spirit of Oak and have played with the level 9 Treeform, realizing that majority of mobs see through it, I recall in classic that treeform gave you at least indifferent to a handful of mobs because.. obviously your a tree! why bother!

I would assume most undead see you behind the illusion, but even now being in FoB the iksar bandits, guards, scorpions, skeletons, bonecrawlers, etc etc see through it, is this classic?
Old 05-18-2014, 06:28 PM
Fire Giant

I mean, you look like a tree. Def + in my book
Old 05-18-2014, 06:58 PM
Kobold

I thought tree form had a small boost to mana Regen
Old 05-18-2014, 07:05 PM
Planar Protector

its a role playing game...how dare they add spells with no obvious in-game "use" other than role playing.
Old 05-18-2014, 07:09 PM
Kobold

Mostly for fun. It makes you look like a tree.

Level 9 version adds a small amount of health regen, level 59 version adds health and mana regen. Neither add enough to really be useful, especially since they also remove your SoW.
Old 05-18-2014, 07:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamahakki [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mostly for fun. It makes you look like a tree.

Level 9 version adds a small amount of health regen, level 59 version adds health and mana regen. Neither add enough to really be useful, especially since they also remove your SoW.
What?!?!

That's crazy talk. Spirit of Oak is amazing; it basically gives you clarity that stacks with clarity 2. I'm also fairly sure that the regular treeform adds a substantial amount of hitpoint regeneration; so its useful for situations where you don't wanna waste mana on a regular regen (treeform is only 10 mana.)
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 05-18-2014, 07:52 PM
Banned

I used it by for playing Hide and Seek on Bertox years ago. Have a druid say "Find me for X item or plat!" Treeform in EC or another forested area and shazam
Old 05-18-2014, 07:59 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What?!?!

That's crazy talk. Spirit of Oak is amazing; it basically gives you clarity that stacks with clarity 2. I'm also fairly sure that the regular treeform adds a substantial amount of hitpoint regeneration; so its useful for situations where you don't wanna waste mana on a regular regen (treeform is only 10 mana.)
Treeform costs 30 mana. You have to re-cast your SoW so it's 70 mana total. It adds a tiny amount of health regen, you'd have to sit still for 3 minutes to break even with the healing you'd get from just casting your healing spells.

Spirit of Oak is better, but "amazing" is a stretch. The mana you get from medding under Spirit of Oak is less than 50% better than regular meditate, and there is still a 65 mana initial investment. You also have to sit there without SoW on. The biggest problem with Spirit of Oak is that it is a level 59 spell, so you can't even cast it until you are done with most of your outdoor leveling.
Old 05-18-2014, 08:06 PM
Fire Giant

I honestly like to cast the tree illusion on myself and go to business per usual in heals mode.. You can continue to cast while a tree, you can change between sit and stand and I'm pretty sure its effective as an illusion in that mobs wont attack you on sight... at least that's what I've noticed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamahakki [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
T You have to re-cast your SoW so it's 70 mana total.
Why the fuck would you waste mana on sow when the spell essentially roots you in place?
Old 05-18-2014, 08:14 PM
Fire Giant

As mentioned before, the level 9 treeform spell grants really stellar health regen for a cheap initial mana cost and an extended length duration. At the time you get it at level 9, you can use it to Porcupine tank some tough targets with thorns cast on yourself, again and again.

Pretend that you're in South Ro at an orc camp that you used Harmony to clear out to single spawns. You can remain in tree form and tank orcs for days without casting a single heal. The downside is that this server has your tree size and hitbox being WAY larger than old retail. It's stupid that mobs will get to that "you must move closer to hit" range as often as they do. The upside to this is that if you cast it on a crease of the zone floor, the illusion doesn't form but you still get the effect (and have a smaller hit box).

I'll agree that it's broken towards how monsters interact with you. The dwarven bandits in Butcherblock could care less about me when I was a tree on old retail. Here, they'll remain aggressive which is wrong. It used to give you the *exact* same faction shift as the Enchanter's Lesser Illusion spell.
Closed Thread