Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 08-23-2023, 12:41 PM
Banned

like there's an immediate escalation there isn't time to dial 911 and ask someone to calm down

all of a sudden ppl just start dying left and right until the vet is likely killed or put in jail then its seen in the prison psych ward it seems you often don't go to prisons to assist that oftten butt you may see it more there

this did happen once when i was in the psych ward for the VA hospital and some SF guy went completely berzerk and shut down the combat vet side for a few days like the guards they sent in got completely wrecked it wasn't even a fair fight
Old 08-23-2023, 12:42 PM
Banned

ok done reading backwards thru the thred

psych issues are v sad

try to have empathy for them even if there is no good outcomes!
Old 08-23-2023, 12:43 PM
Banned

its v hard to save a soul who has worked for satan for a long time and often times the only good outcome is a slightly less bad one
Old 08-23-2023, 12:43 PM
Banned

that doesnt make u a bad person when u fail ur only mortal and G-d will forgive u for fucking up
Old 08-23-2023, 12:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^^^ an addendumb i am about as traumatized as a person can get since roughly 5 years old
and to be super clear its not an excuse or anything just a fact of life to illustrate what kind of shit is like
Old 08-23-2023, 10:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lets call that force satan because that is what it is
To kind of go along with this idea a bit, minus the faith aspect (I greatly respect yours, just wanted to come with a non-faith-based approach myself), what I wanted to mention that sort of muddies the waters a little bit is how widely-used the term "troll" is for online behavior

It's really impossible to attempt to generalize a "troll" because the term encompasses such a wide range of actions

When I was mentioning the "worst of the worst" trolls before, maybe someone was picturing the meanest poster here, or something. But one example I was thinking of was....there was a teenage girl who died in a car accident, and somehow photos of her horribly mangled body got leaked to the internet. And somehow some complete and utter degenerates had tracked down who her parents were, and sent texts and emails saying things like "Dad, it's [her_name]", which when they opened was the pic of her body. I remember hearing about that in a documentary

The type of person to do something like that, versus someone who says sassy things on a P99 forum, are night and day different in my opinion. But yet, in both cases these people are called "online trolls". Same as the people who use VoIP (which seems to be one of the scourges of the modern age) to SWAT people or harass them or their families

So anyway, I wanted to mention that because the same term applies to such a widely different spectrum of behavior, that's probably why some people have very different opinions of it than others. And my last point is that I do agree that psych in general has far too much pathologizing of human behavior
Old 08-24-2023, 01:34 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think a lot of people are conflict adverse, which is a nicer word for my page 2 rant. For better or worse I am not. I think it probably correlates to low Big 5 agreeableness.
my agreeableness shares a politeness of 3 and a compassion of 98.
Old 08-24-2023, 02:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To kind of go along with this idea a bit, minus the faith aspect (I greatly respect yours, just wanted to come with a non-faith-based approach myself), what I wanted to mention that sort of muddies the waters a little bit is how widely-used the term "troll" is for online behavior

It's really impossible to attempt to generalize a "troll" because the term encompasses such a wide range of actions

When I was mentioning the "worst of the worst" trolls before, maybe someone was picturing the meanest poster here, or something. But one example I was thinking of was....there was a teenage girl who died in a car accident, and somehow photos of her horribly mangled body got leaked to the internet. And somehow some complete and utter degenerates had tracked down who her parents were, and sent texts and emails saying things like "Dad, it's [her_name]", which when they opened was the pic of her body. I remember hearing about that in a documentary

The type of person to do something like that, versus someone who says sassy things on a P99 forum, are night and day different in my opinion. But yet, in both cases these people are called "online trolls". Same as the people who use VoIP (which seems to be one of the scourges of the modern age) to SWAT people or harass them or their families

So anyway, I wanted to mention that because the same term applies to such a widely different spectrum of behavior, that's probably why some people have very different opinions of it than others. And my last point is that I do agree that psych in general has far too much pathologizing of human behavior
ya good point
Old 08-24-2023, 11:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Absolutely. Also, there's compelling arguments from the 90s suggesting violent video games lead to violent behavior.
Yeah, and there was "panic" about it just like there have been panics about metal lyrics and rap lyrics, but that doesn't mean there isn't an underlying freakin problem.

Some people can mess around with lots of imaginary things. Ronnie James Dio, the Metal Midget himself, Creator of the Sign of Metal, was a sweetheart as a person.

But we are kidding ourselves if we think lots of people -- I would argue most people -- are not "topgun" at policing their imaginations to make sure it does not bleed over into how they "actually" think about the world.

Those folks should be very careful. But of course, since this is an impulse control issue, being careful is also not their strong suit.

And then you have genuine people on the edge like Magnetaress. You ok Maggie!

You know who the real problem is? People who honestly do not know they are damaged and bent out of shape.

So Magnetaress, remember you are always one step ahead of the fools. Chill out and listen to the Grateful Dead and don't do drugs. And watch that blood sugar if you decide to go with the antipsychotics. You develop tremors over time. Key to anti-psychotics is to deny it sugar rushes. Whole grains and cereals, carbs that have to digest are your friend.

A full spectrum post.
Old 08-24-2023, 11:50 AM
Planar Protector

Trolls are mean because they worship Innoruuk, the god of hate.