Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2019, 05:40 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Like I said not all players have the same skill level. Just because you die in a situation doesn’t mean I would. But man I’ll subscribe just to see you throwing knives as an enchanter
why does everyone hate knives so much, it's a literal free action that we get and it has almost no downsides other than "maybe" accidentally pinging something that jumps out in front of you. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(which has happened once before in rivervale, live die and learn)

Knives also have a crazy small amount of aggro on them. Why are people so shocked over this amazing asset?
Old 04-13-2019, 05:49 PM
Planar Protector

I Quit I’ve decided you are officially either slow or a one of the most experienced trolls on this forum. Congrats for roping me in.
Old 04-13-2019, 06:38 PM
Banned

OP, you're just new. I had never played EQ before P99, rolled enchanter as first character, and used an animation into my 30s because I felt the same way as you.

Once you get some more experience under your belt you'll look back at this thread and laugh at how naive you once were.

Keep practicing charming, its essentially a requirement of all enchanters.
Old 04-13-2019, 07:09 PM
Planar Protector

I think another thing that might help you tremendously is an instant cool down item like a rod of insidious glamour. Hit me up in game if you need help practicing charming but I still think you live under a bridge.
Old 04-14-2019, 02:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think another thing that might help you tremendously is an instant cool down item like a rod of insidious glamour. Hit me up in game if you need help practicing charming but I still think you live under a bridge.
I like how my charm broke on monsters within less than 30 seconds to a minute last night.... on green enemies... that I could have 1-2 shotted with a nuke... that also gave no experience [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was even using my upgraded charm "Beguile" too.... nearly ran me out of MP on something that was supposed to be a free kill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
..because charm clearly has no flaws at all right? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Ultimate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] End [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] All [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Spell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] That [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Nothing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Beats

It may have use at level 50-60 but at mid 20's it's still just bad.
OP if you read this thread, you do you. I can completely understand why you wouldn't go charm strats and I agree with your original statement, don't be another corpse.

@wallclicker what area/monster drops the rod of insidious glamour? I'll go hunt it down ;-)
It'll be easy right? :-D
Old 04-14-2019, 03:02 PM
Planar Protector

I think the incandescent wand would be much more valuable. Since the low level charms cast fast you can handle all your charm breaks for zero mana outside of the charm cost and for stuns between nukes when finishing off a charmed mob.
Old 04-15-2019, 10:29 AM
Sarnak

Rimitto, please do not be discouraged by these forum posts and/or your progress with charming so far. I also have an ENC buddy that used an animation "more than most" up into his 30s.

Like many have said, you'll eventually get to a point wherein charming is simply too good to pass-up. Having more +CHA gear and experience with how to handle charm breaks makes things much easier. Grouping with friends and/or people that "have your back" during charm breaks is also a huge help.

I will admit that you may be relegated to soloing, at least in certain zones/areas, until you're willing, comfortable, and/or geared-enough to charm. Good luck!
Old 04-15-2019, 12:42 PM
Fire Giant

Cha gear is some of the cheapest gear out there. You can spend ~3-4k and be set until 60. There are tons of slots you can fill with great Cha gear for 50-100p that you'll use for a very, very long time.

12-60 nothing comes close to the Dps of charming. Start early so you can get good and you'll never want for groups/partners. You're going to die a lot at first, and its fine. Bind nearby, keep rune/berserk up and most importantly pay attention. There is zero reason to not charm as an enchanter except being bad. Don't be bad, be good.
Last edited by Crawdad; 04-15-2019 at 12:44 PM..
Old 04-15-2019, 12:52 PM
Fire Giant

Theres also no reason to use a higher level charm spell if the lower one will land. It just uses more mana.
<The Second Sons>
Old 04-15-2019, 04:04 PM
Banned

Are you casting tash before you charm?
Closed Thread