Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2019, 02:48 AM
Orc

The exp was nerfed just like the tumpy tonic were nerfed, somethings are going to be non classic plan and simple, with the increased spawn rate i was in steamfont and had 2 decay skeleton spawns on lockdown and it didnt take me long at all to fill up a bag of bone chips, without these kinda nerfs we would have level 15+ already, good for the DEVs and that is coming from someone who farmed up a full bag before someone told us it was nerfed.
Old 10-26-2019, 02:58 AM
Fire Giant

It was a nerf made with minimal effort that affected numerous quests that have nothing to do with mob spawns. I get that your heart is in the right place but there's no excuse for the global change in the face of wanting to be classic.

Edit - I guess the part that really rustled my jimmies is that they had hundreds of players that participated in the beta that helped hunt down bugs and report them, and none of them (including myself) were afforded a chance to assist with picking out the starting quests that should have remained at classic exp value according to dated 2000 posts or older. The change was made last minute behind closed doors globally.
Last edited by NegaStoat; 10-26-2019 at 03:03 AM..
Old 10-26-2019, 03:10 AM
Planar Protector

People didn't really know about these quests at retail launch, maybe a few people from beta but that's it. I think temporarily nerfing the xp is reasonable to preserve a classic feel for launch day.
Old 10-26-2019, 05:36 AM
Fire Giant

Qeynos: muffin & water quest to guards Nerf to oblivion.
Qyenos: Taxes Quest Nerfed but still ok Exp till 4.
Qeynos: Caster quest 2 rat whiskers, bat fur, fire beetle eye working but at a much reduced rate. still doable if you can find the rat whiskers.

Surefall Nitrates to West karana: not even worth time as xp bar did not move at level 4 and 5.

Toxx Forest: The miners cap quest is giving great XP 6 turn ins 7 yellow bubbles of xp for level 1 wizard now level 2.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Last edited by Buellen; 10-26-2019 at 05:38 AM..
Old 10-26-2019, 09:28 AM
Kobold

There were enough folks standing around Reebo in RV that you couldn't even click him as they furiously gave him back his carrots.

I ran stew back and forth from the Fool's Gold and got level 2 in less than 5 minutes and was first warrior to 2...

Even though we don't like it, it was probably for the best.
Old 10-26-2019, 10:11 AM
Planar Protector

Can the staff please confirm if the quests will revert back to normal once the spawn rates are reverted back to normal?
Old 10-26-2019, 10:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DromalPhrenia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's also not classic, so changes for the as-close-to-classic-as-possible server happened, what, within the first hour?
Seriously disappointed in that. Not much point in an 'authentic' experience if that's not what you are going to end up doing.
Old 10-26-2019, 10:57 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seriously disappointed in that. Not much point in an 'authentic' experience if that's not what you are going to end up doing.
Op and people like this better ask the staff for a refund then. Oh wait.

Most classic Everquest experience developed and hosted for FREE and you're SEETHING over m-muh bonechips.
Last edited by Danger; 10-26-2019 at 11:00 AM..
Old 10-26-2019, 11:13 AM
Sarnak

Pardon me. I'm from a parallel universe where Green was just launched without ninja nerds to some repeatable quests.

You all complained about the staff should've forseen this and that's it's not fair a select few leaped ahead of everybody else.
Old 10-26-2019, 11:18 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Except if this was an authentic experience, you wouldn't even know that those quests were that great, since none of us did back then.

People are missing the part where there's a flood of info that didn't exist at launch back then, and all the min/max bullshit hadn't been figured out yet
Closed Thread