Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 01-28-2012, 02:15 AM
Planar Protector

Default Cinda's Charismatic Carillon working way too well

I know this was recently "fixed", but I think it was fixed a little too much :p

I used this song on a mob that was dubious, and without a wind instrument it went to apprehensive. Then I tried with a wind instrument and it went all the way up to kindly. I doubt this is working as intended.

edit: it's also lasting forever, not sure if that's intended.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Last edited by Lazortag; 01-28-2012 at 02:26 AM..
Old 01-28-2012, 05:34 AM
Fire Giant

Cinda`s Charismatic Carillon
Increase Faction from 120 (L11) to 610 (L60)
Unsure on Duration

Here's Enchanter Collaboration:

Collaboration
Increase Faction by 300 (L51)
Old 01-28-2012, 06:17 PM
Planar Protector

Where did you get that information? With Ervaj's Flute of Flight that would increase faction by 1464. Is that enough to go from scowls to dubious on a max kos mob?
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
Old 02-01-2012, 06:39 PM
Developer

Instrument mod won't affect the add faction effect, pending update. It's only permanent so long as you don't cast it on another mob, which seems alright to me. Not sure if it's correct though.
Old 02-04-2012, 12:33 PM
Planar Protector

Here you go:

http://web.archive.org/web/200105220...ll.asp?Id=1034

Quote:
The song lasts until you zone, and works on all NPCs with the same faction group. It doesn't work on NPCs who don't have any faction, and if you sing it on another NPC in the same zone in a different faction group, it will wear off the initial target.
How do you know wind isn't supposed to modify it? I don't dispute it considering it seems ridiculously powerful as it is currently, and I can't find any evidence to go against what you're saying, but usually when an instrument doesn't modify a song, then that instrument is required to sing it (like with the bard invis/levi/group dispel songs):

Quote:
Class: Wind, not required
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
Old 08-16-2015, 08:50 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know this was recently "fixed", but I think it was fixed a little too much [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I used this song on a mob that was dubious, and without a wind instrument it went to apprehensive. Then I tried with a wind instrument and it went all the way up to kindly. I doubt this is working as intended.

edit: it's also lasting forever, not sure if that's intended.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradnerLives [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bumpin.

Any naysayers? Any proof to the contrary anyone can provide? Seems like there's a general consensus that this should be reverted.

Again, I'm only going by the evidence I've been able to find, but all signs seem to point to the song being instrument boosted.
I used Cinda's Charismatic Carillon (aka faction song) a lot on live, even before Kunark, and this is how I remember it working and expected it to work on P99:
  • It never REQUIRED a wind instrument.
  • It gave some faction singing and more if used with an instrument.
  • Once you cast it on an NPC, ALL NPCs on that same faction were adjusted and this lasted forever until you zoned, logged out, or cast it on a different faction NPC.
  • At some levels of faction, the boost wasn't enough to change the con, at some levels of faction, the difference between sung and wind instrument equipped didn't change the con.
  • At some levels of faction, using a wind instrument did enhance it enough to change the con while singing it did not.
  • It was possible to use this just outside of aggro range and turn **SOME** KoS NPCs to dubious or better. A good example is animals, like bears, that would no longer be threatening until you used the song on a different NPC or zoned or logged.
  • I used faction song to get merchants to amiable, making prices better.
  • I used faction song for quests, including parts of the Bard epic.
  • I used it on lfay brownies to become not KoS and this worked partly because I never killed brownies.
  • I used faction song to do the Stein of Moggok quest along with the DE mask.
  • I do not recall any patches changing this song, I remember it working just the same, not requiring an instrument but having a better effect if one was equipped, from release to when I stopped playing around the PoP expansion era.

And as was noted in This Thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roufas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, that is actually intended.

People must understand the faction is a point thing that goes from -3k points to +3k points.

More or less:
-3000 to -1999 - lowest faction points
-2000 to -751 - Scowls at you ready to attack! (KOS) (approx. 1300 point range)
-750 to -501 - Glares are you threateningly! (KOS) (approx. 250 point range)
-500 to -101 - Glowers at you dubiously. (Not KOS but very close to) (approx. 400 point range)
-100 to -1 - Looks your way apprehensively. (approx. 100 point range)
0 to +99 - Regards you indifferently. (The majority of NPC's have this neutral standing with you) (approx. 100 point range)
+100 to +499 - Judges you amiably. (approx. 400 point range)
+500 to +749 - Kindly considers you. (approx. 250 point range)
+750 to +1099 - Looks upon you warmly. (approx. 450 point range)
+1100 to +2000 - Regards you as an ally. (Highest level of faction attainable) (approx. 1000 point range)
+2001 to +3000 - highest faction points

Taken from another friend's thread.

Basically this song won't move your standing up but it will boost the points, there is a huge chasm between full kos and dubious though.

Even when the song is fixed to let instruments work on them from full kos you would still be kos while playing it, but we never start full kos to any faction so people may have this confusion.
Which is why you sometimes would stay at scowls with or without an instrument and sometimes you would jump to indifferent singing but jump to amiable with an instrument.

Some of us Bards did care about faction and did use this song on live, but as anyone who played a bard on live knows, since it wasn't broken, we didn't post about it a lot because every time we mentioned something Bards could do it was either nerfed or broken in the next patch. We never rocked the boat on this one, so it's hard to find posts that confirm what it did.

There was some patch several expansions past Velious that removed being able to "cast" on a lot of NPCs, so this song and the Enchanter spells are currently bugged on modern live.
Old 09-19-2015, 05:13 PM
Planar Protector

this man speaks truth, instrument addition was major +
Old 09-21-2015, 08:55 AM
Sarnak

There's currently a bug report saying that the song doesn't work as it worked on live...

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=205199

It's possible that the song is 120 (L11) to 610 (L60) because it cannot be modified by wind instruments.

This song was always powerful on live; and you could easily jump multiple faction levels with it.