Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2019, 03:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatez2004 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P99: Selectively Classic™
Old 09-08-2019, 03:16 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazarYoot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really hoping they change their mind on this. I’ve only been playing about 2 months. Have the devs ever been shown to consider their players opinions and reverse any changes or are they pretty set in their ways?
Did you play 99-2001?

that's their goal.
Old 09-08-2019, 03:17 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Anyone managed to get it working on Mac again? Broke for most of us...

Thread here: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=333319

-Blue-
Atychi - 23 Necromancer
Atych - 27 Druid
Old 09-08-2019, 03:25 PM
Sarnak

------------------------------
July 24, 2001 3:00 am
------------------------------

** Item Changes **

- Many pelts have been made stackable. Those that are not stackable now
are quest items that will not be made stackable.

So should bear, cat, and wolf pelts of high, medium, low, and ruined stack now?
Old 09-08-2019, 03:29 PM
Sarnak

Yeah its an inconvenience but we still have the ability to change tabs on the hotbar. The thing that would make me ragequit is if we are ever limited to one chat window.
Old 09-08-2019, 03:43 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Red was never classic. Classic EverQuest PvP was a failure, so the devs tried an experiment to make it more successful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Spouting off misinformation as usual. Classic PvP servers had plenty of players. The devs here didn't code it, nor support it, properly.
Exactly!

Typical copout by OP saying EQ PvP is a failure or that Red 1999 is an experiment and not classic. Red was just like Blue in terms of being classic -spoiler alert- they aren't. Red was just like Blue in every way except attempts were made to balance PvP by nerfing or limiting certain clickies and other changes like resists. Quality of life improvements could be made but it's clear that Red 1999 isn't a priority and never was nor will be.
You can see the end result in it's current population. Blame the scumlords of Red if you want, but the servers failure is wholly on the staff.
Old 09-08-2019, 03:51 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Correct - they're now available on select vendors, I added to patch notes.
Um...you can buy them, but you can't use them. You need Druid Level 255!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-08-2019, 03:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazarYoot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really wish we could have left the UI’s as they were. Not really seeing this patch as an improvement... the game felt classic, I really don’t think the optional UI changes prevented anyone from experiencing the classic game. If you liked the simple UI use the simple UI if you preferred a bit more customization it doesn’t seem unreasonable to allow it.
Exactly...well put. Total fail on the dev's part.
Old 09-08-2019, 03:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Exactly!

Typical copout by OP saying EQ PvP is a failure or that Red 1999 is an experiment and not classic. Red was just like Blue in terms of being classic -spoiler alert- they aren't. Red was just like Blue in every way except attempts were made to balance PvP by nerfing or limiting certain clickies and other changes like resists. Quality of life improvements could be made but it's clear that Red 1999 isn't a priority and never was nor will be.
You can see the end result in it's current population. Blame the scumlords of Red if you want, but the servers failure is wholly on the staff.
There was never a "Red server" on live. Since it's inception here on Project 1999, the server has been an unclassic experiment, with a ruleset unique to Project 1999.

If it was classic it would have had the same rules as Rallos Zek, Tallon Zek, or Sullon Zek ... but it didn't, ergo it's not classic. This isn't me hating on Red or hating on EQ PvP, it's a simple statement of fact.

As for PvP "succeeding" on Live ... I think the simple ratio of Non-PvP to PvP live servers speaks to EQ PvP's (lack of) success ... even more so if you factor in the populations of those servers.

Again, I'm not making any value judgements on EQ PvP personally: I'm just saying that if it had been successful there would have been a lot more live PvP servers (as many, ratio-wise, as a game like WoW). And while I can't speak for the devs, this was likely a factor in why they decided to try a new (unclassic) ruleset with Red instead of adopting a classic one.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 09-08-2019 at 04:15 PM..
Old 09-08-2019, 04:05 PM
Kobold

It's frustrating to lose UI elements and other quality of life improvements the newer client gave us, but in the end, these were all byproducts of the newer client, and were never meant to be a part of the classic p99 experience.

This latest patch shows that the "timeline" system is well established, able to unlock and modify game mechanics based on era...

Getting excited for Green on the horizon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread