Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2019, 01:07 PM
Aviak

Default Desirable class for grouping - green

What is currently the sought after class / role? I am thinking of jumping on Green and debating what to play. I am not picky on what I play, but I hate not being able to find groups.

I have a shaman on blue so basically anything but that.
Old 12-23-2019, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

If you want to find groups but won't care to be able to solo, you can play as a Paladin, SK, Warrior, Rogue, and Cleric and probably find a party.
Old 12-23-2019, 01:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you want to find groups but won't care to be able to solo, you can play as a Paladin, SK, Warrior, Rogue, and Cleric and probably find a party.
Old 12-23-2019, 01:56 PM
Sarnak

It kind of depends on whose available for a particular camp which varies at any particular point in time. I feel like the only class that generally doesn't provide as much unique utility in a typical exp grind group are wizards because they may not have the best long-term sustained DPS. But they can still get in groups I think. You can look for the thread where someone did a brief class sampling. Druids are significantly overrepresented class. Tanks to be less represented.
Old 12-23-2019, 02:49 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I felt like there was a lot of demand as I leveled cleric. Once I got complete heal the range of camps people tried to get me for were pretty big, but even before then getting groups wasn't too hard.
Old 12-23-2019, 05:37 PM
Aviak

Tanks, Enchanter, Monk, and Cleric will be easiest classes to find a group with.
Old 12-23-2019, 05:42 PM
Banned

enchanter, every group wants as many as they can find
Old 12-23-2019, 07:37 PM
Fire Giant

Warriors are iffy, an impatient/bad group won’t be very compatible with one. Paladin/SK in decent demand, especially if they have decent pulling skills. Rogues/monks are fairly gear dependent (and a great many players have pretty bad gear still), but regarded as “DPS” regardless. Necros and mages (now that they have pets again) are good DPS with pets + other spells. I’ve seen quite a few XP PUGs with rangers tanking/pulling/CCing, apparently rangers are doing pretty all right on grouping at this point. A good enchanter is very much in demand. Clerics always great, especially up into 40s. By the late 30s and 40s, druids/shamans can’t really heal effectively, shamans have other group roles, druids less so (unless pulling outdoors e.g. CT/MM). Bards have a lot of utility and seem to be in demand.

Wizards are the worst [XP group] class in the game, and for group content that honestly never changes much. A good XP group is about sustained DPS and chain pulls, things a wizard is just not compatible with.

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Closed Thread