Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2019, 04:53 PM
Aviak

Default Vacant Zones

There's no real point to this thread, but I'm excited at the prospect of people actually leveling in zones that are ghost towns on Blue. Will we see loads of people in the Qeynos aqueducts? In Splitpaw? Runnyeye? Friggin Kerran Isle? Sure hope so! These zones are pretty cool need some love.

Blue Server
Aegnor Eldruin - 60 High Elf Wizard <Dial a Port>
Vizeryn_D'Raethe - 60 Erudite Paladin
Formerly of <Azure Guard>
Old 09-19-2019, 08:31 AM
Fire Giant

Seems like people will be forced to go to usually less popular zones just due to leveling places like crushbone, unrest, oasis being 50+ people making them basically unplayable. Will be a good thing as people will branch out to weird zones to level, plenty of them actually have high ZEM, just have their own problems like long respawn time or too many caster mobs, etc. etc.
Old 09-19-2019, 08:52 AM
Large Bat

btw. what are the ZEMs for classic? Same as blue/velious?
Old 09-19-2019, 09:00 AM
Aviak

Yeah I'm the same as you, hoping to get some groups in the less popular zones.

And I know it isn't classic, but it would be nice if they lowered the ZEM on some very popular zones as well. Crushbone, Unrest, Guk and Mistmoore could do without the modifier.
Old 09-19-2019, 09:03 AM
Planar Protector

I think yall are overestimating people. I feel very confident its gonna be like Unrest with 30 people LFG all the time and every spawn spot claimed.
Old 09-19-2019, 09:33 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think yall are overestimating people. I feel very confident its gonna be like Unrest with 30 people LFG all the time and every spawn spot claimed.
I just see this as illogical. Sitting in LFG for 2 hours waiting for a spot in Main Room which will have like 12-14 spawns claimed on that long ass respawn timer just because of the bonus XP is nuts to me, you are probably right to some degree but if people just sprawl out a bit, the results would be better long term for most people, sitting lfg in unrest fighting over beetles sounds like a dogshit experience.
Old 09-19-2019, 09:54 AM
Fire Giant

Yeah it will likely be unplayable or extremely slow for the masses until after a month or two imo. I would suspect 2-4K players on launch weekend, personally.
Old 09-19-2019, 09:57 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maker_Mayhem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah it will likely be unplayable or extremely slow for the masses until after a month or two imo. I would suspect 2-4K players on launch weekend, personally.
Hate to be a cynic, but :lol:
Old 09-19-2019, 10:04 AM
Fire Giant

Maybe not. I hope there are only 500 of us lol. But realistically, there are tons and tons of folk who are eager to roll on green. Whether or not they stay, that’s a different story. But there is a large group of people who love the experience of a new server. They may play to level 15 or 30...but still, there are only so many green snakes and large rats to go around in newbie yards with DPS racing going on with any mob holding a staff.. haha [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] will be fun though no doubt.
Old 09-19-2019, 10:28 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just see this as illogical. Sitting in LFG for 2 hours waiting for a spot in Main Room which will have like 12-14 spawns claimed on that long ass respawn timer just because of the bonus XP is nuts to me, you are probably right to some degree but if people just sprawl out a bit, the results would be better long term for most people, sitting lfg in unrest fighting over beetles sounds like a dogshit experience.
There are a few problems with this, from the perspective of a solo or duo player:
1. Travel time to check a new spot. Any spot could be camped on the server, and if you waste time running to an out-of-the-way spot that's camped then suddenly that 2 hours looks a lot more reasonable.
2. In a busy zone you always have the option to "/camp" and try again later, and you can be confident a group will be there waiting for you.
2. Eating one death due to trying an area you're not familiar with sets you back a ridiculous amount of time.

Once you weigh in those risks, it actually makes more sense to sit and wait for a group spot in one of the safe, reliable leveling spots.
Closed Thread